NEW SUBSCRIBER

  • Michael & Faye Brock
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28 5:55 PM
      I am descended from a George Henderson/Jane Mitchell many of whose family emigrated to Australia in the mid-1850s.

      His parents were a George Henderson and Margaret Allan of New Deer, Peterhead, and then Longside, and I am trying to trace their descendants. Based on research to date, I believe their children were as follows -
      - Margaret - (b 1777 in New Deer) married into the Morgan family, with descendants moving to the USA
      - Janet - (b 1781 possibly in Peterhead) - buried in Lair A57
      - Jean - (b 1782 in Peterhead) - ?????
      - George - (b 1788 in Peterhead) - descendants migrated to Australia - this is my direct line
      - James - (b 1790 in Peterhead) - married with Grieve and Baird families. Some descendants located in Canada and Australia
      - Andrew - (b 1793 in Peterhead) - ?????
      - Alexander - (b 1796 in Longside) - ?????
      - William - (b 1800 in Longside) - ?????

      Michael Brock

    • Margaret Hector
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29 1:17 AM
        I wonder if 'my' Isabella ALLAN is related to your group?
        She married John SMITH, probably some time before 1778 (ish) when a daughter, Dorothea was born. John SMITH was a teacher in Peterhead in the early 1800s.
        To date, I have not been able to find out anything about Isabella ALLAN or John SMITH>
        Cheers
        Margaret
        Western Australia
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor