Re: [Peterhead] Digest Number 1149 Reply Bingo!

  • james thomson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2004
      Hi

      Hello DeLories Vaughn:

      I am sure the Agnes Cheyne at C-4 is the same Agnes Cheyne that you have as
      "b. Sep 1848 in Peterhead". On the Marriage record , Dist. of Peterhead for
      the 7th day of December, 1878, Page 47, entry 94 an Agnes Cheyne,
      Dressmaker, age 30 is shown as marrying George Chivas, a Carter, age 27. His
      residence at 8 Thistle St Peterhead and hers at 1 Farmers Saw, Peterhead.
      Agnes father is listed as Thomas Cheyne, shipmaster, deceased , and her
      mother Agnes has Milne listed as her maiden name. One of the witnesses was
      James Cheyne.
      My goal is to find living descendants of any of the eight, or possibly nine
      children of Elizabeth Milne Chivas. I believe my grandfather, Jim
      Thomson, born near Ellon in 1845 had some correspondence with his cousin ,
      Dr Alex Chivas, a vet. surgeon (b.1847) living in Corbridge, on Tyne,
      Northumberland. As a side hope and secondary goal is to find out what
      happened to the three and probable four brothers of Ellizabeth Milne
      Chivas, sister of my ggrandmother, Elspet Milne Thomson.. These Milne boys
      were: John (b. 1814); Robert (b. 1816); and George (b. 1822) all in
      Longside to a John Milne and Margaret McWilliam Milne, and listed in the
      IGI. There definitely was another son, James Milne, not in the IGI, who is
      shown as the purchaser for his parents of Lair A341 in St. Peter's
      Kirkyard, Peterhead.

      There will probably be a few Milnes or descendants of Milnes who read this.
      As these people know, there are so many Milnes in Aberdeenshire and
      particularly Peterhead Parish through the years that unless they marry some
      much less familiar family name, it is hard to be sure when you have the
      right "Milne"

      Thank you for your interest...Jim Thomson.