Re: [Peterhead] census strays

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2004
      Hi Art,
      Sorry I don't have any more information about James Thomson.
      Someone gave me the list of Peterhead people.
      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18, 2004
        Cathrine, would mind passing the request on to them if
        you remember who or group does any one have more
        information on this request thank you

        http://messenger.yahoo.com
      • Cci
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 19, 2004
          Hi Art,

          If your looking for something about James Thomson, ie, his life, you could try the Dumfries 1851 census hired through the Mormon's Family History Libraries and follow his life that way if you can through the census's. The IGI might have his birth and marriage, parents etc.
          On the IGI there is;
          James Thomson christened 22nd July 1844, Annan, Dumfries.
          father; John
          mother; Marcer Patterson

          JamesThomson christened 3rd January 1845, Annan, Dumfries
          father; Robert
          mother, Ann Irving
          One of these might be your James.
          There's a start.

          His life as a mariner/engineer you could try the Mariners site on Rootsweb or join the Dumfries site and look for relatives beloning to his family then and now.

          Go onto Scotlandspeople find his death, if he was 46 in 1891 then he should be born 1845 give or take a year, this will give his parents, wife, occupation etc.

          Good luck,
          Catherine

          --- Cci <cci@...> wrote:

          > Hi Art,
          > Sorry I don't have any more information about James
          > Thomson.
          > Someone gave me the list of Peterhead people.
          > Best wishes,
          > Catherine

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Anne Geddes
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 20, 2004
            Hi there group

            I am replying to Art Thomson who is looking for James Thomson of Dumfries

            You may like to know that the 1851 Dumfries and Galloway census has been indexed and is online at the Library Website

            Try clicking on the link below to search the 1851 census
            http://www.dumgal.gov.uk/services/depts/comres/library/census_search.asp

            I hope you find your James Thomson

            Cheers

            Anne Geddes

            --- Cci <cci@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > Elizabeth A. Arender, 20, Teacher of music,
            > Peterhead
            >
            > Yorkshire, parish and town Great Ayton
            > Catherine A. Anderson, servant, single, 29, General
            > servant, Peterhead
            >
            > parish and town Melton Mowbray
            > 3 Craven Street
            > G Anderson, head, mar, 39, Pork pie maker, (not
            > Peterhead)
            > Margaret Anderson, wife, mar, age ?, Peterhead
            > *********************************
            >
            > 1871 Channel Island
            > parish St. Helier, town St. Helier
            > 7 Gloucester Street
            > (lodging with Bowman Family)
            > Amelia Strachan, lodger, unmar, 29, School
            > misstress, Peterhead
            >
            > 1860 U.S.A.
            > Massachusetts
            > William Ross, head, mar, 33, Peterhead
            > Mary Ross, wife, mar, 32, Terane Ireland

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT