census strays

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2004
      Hi group, how are you all.
      Some mixed dates of census strays, none are related to me.
      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      1891
      Parish Swansea, town Swansea
      5 Union Street
      Matthew Ferguson, head, mar, 34, brn Peterhead
      Harriot Ferguson, wife, mar, 49
      Harriot R. Goulding, dau, 25

      Glamorgan, district Cardiff
      SS British Queen
      Archibald Smith, mar, male, 39, Master, Liverpool
      Ben 'C' Lewis, single, male, 31, 1st Mate, London
      Robert Adams, mar, male, 37, 2nd Mate, Liverpool
      W.C. Wood, single, male, 27, 3rd Mate, Cheshire
      Richard thomas, single, male, 26, Carp, Carnarvon
      John C. Davie, mar, male, 26, Boatswain, S. Wales
      Herman Jenkins, mar, male, 26, Lamptrimmer, Peterhead ***********
      M. Currie, single, male, 24, Able Body seaman, Glasgow
      I.C. Jones, mar, male, 39, A.B. seaman, Anglesea
      James Craig, mar, male, 23, A.B. seaman, Glasgow
      Joseph Jounston, mar, male, 27, A.B. seaman, Lancashire
      Thomas Cosgrove, mar, male, 37, A.B. seaman, Dublin
      S. ???mey, mar, male, 27, A.B. seaman, Yorkshire
      Albert Drake, mar, male, 25, A.B. seaman, Liverpool
      Edward Maher, mar, male, 46, A.B. seaman, Ireland
      Henry Hill, single, male, 23, Ordinary seaman, Liverpool
      James Thomson, mar, male, 46, 1st Engineer, Dumfreis

      parish Pool Middle, county Montgomery shire
      47 High Street
      Edward Wyke, head, mar, 36, Grocer and provision dealer, Shrewsbury
      Margaret A.S. Wyke, wife, mar, 40, Peterhead
      Florence E. Wyke, dau, scholar, 11
      Gertrude M. Wyke, dau, scholar, 9
      Ann Muir, mother in law, 65, widow living on own means

      parish Cowpen, county Northumberland
      James Adam, head, mar, 38, Labourer, Peterhead
      Emily Adam, wife, mar, 35, Pembroke
      James Adam, son, 3
      Alice Maud Adam, dau, 2 months

      parish Dalton Piercy, town Seahaw Harbour?
      23 b North Terrace
      John Air, head, mar, 69, Mate on steamer, Peterhead
      Elizabeth Air, wife, mar, 63, Peterhead

      Birkdale
      Elizabeth A. Arender, 20, Teacher of music, Peterhead

      Yorkshire, parish and town Great Ayton
      Catherine A. Anderson, servant, single, 29, General servant, Peterhead

      parish and town Melton Mowbray
      3 Craven Street
      G Anderson, head, mar, 39, Pork pie maker, (not Peterhead)
      Margaret Anderson, wife, mar, age ?, Peterhead
      *********************************

      1871 Channel Island
      parish St. Helier, town St. Helier
      7 Gloucester Street
      (lodging with Bowman Family)
      Amelia Strachan, lodger, unmar, 29, School misstress, Peterhead
      ***************************

      1860 U.S.A.
      Massachusetts
      William Ross, head, mar, 33, Peterhead
      Mary Ross, wife, mar, 32, Terane Ireland
      William Ross, son, 12, Pennsylvania
      Alice Jane Ross, dau, 13, Pennsylvania
      Mary A. Ross, dau, 9, Pennsylvania
      Edwin F. Ross, son, 7, Pennsylvania
      James F. Ross, son, 4, Massachusetts
      Emma L. Ross, dau, 1.12, Massachusetts
      George F. Ross, 1, Massachusetts

    • Celtic Mist
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18, 2004
        Catherine I am intrested in this one James Thomson,
        mar, male, 46, 1st Engineer, Dumfreis. Please send me
        moreinformation if you Have.... Thank You ART Thomson,
        USA

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Cci
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 18, 2004
          Hi Art,
          Sorry I don't have any more information about James Thomson.
          Someone gave me the list of Peterhead people.
          Best wishes,
          Catherine

          --- Cci <cci@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > Elizabeth A. Arender, 20, Teacher of music,
          > Peterhead
          >
          > Yorkshire, parish and town Great Ayton
          > Catherine A. Anderson, servant, single, 29, General
          > servant, Peterhead
          >
          > parish and town Melton Mowbray
          > 3 Craven Street
          > G Anderson, head, mar, 39, Pork pie maker, (not
          > Peterhead)
          > Margaret Anderson, wife, mar, age ?, Peterhead
          > *********************************
          >
          > 1871 Channel Island
          > parish St. Helier, town St. Helier
          > 7 Gloucester Street
          > (lodging with Bowman Family)
          > Amelia Strachan, lodger, unmar, 29, School
          > misstress, Peterhead
          > ***************************
          >
          > 1860 U.S.A.
          > Massachusetts
          > William Ross, head, mar, 33, Peterhead
          > Mary Ross, wife, mar, 32, Terane Ireland

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Celtic Mist
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 18, 2004
            Cathrine, would mind passing the request on to them if
            you remember who or group does any one have more
            information on this request thank you

            http://messenger.yahoo.com
          • Cci
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 19, 2004
              Hi Art,

              If your looking for something about James Thomson, ie, his life, you could try the Dumfries 1851 census hired through the Mormon's Family History Libraries and follow his life that way if you can through the census's. The IGI might have his birth and marriage, parents etc.
              On the IGI there is;
              James Thomson christened 22nd July 1844, Annan, Dumfries.
              father; John
              mother; Marcer Patterson

              JamesThomson christened 3rd January 1845, Annan, Dumfries
              father; Robert
              mother, Ann Irving
              One of these might be your James.
              There's a start.

              His life as a mariner/engineer you could try the Mariners site on Rootsweb or join the Dumfries site and look for relatives beloning to his family then and now.

              Go onto Scotlandspeople find his death, if he was 46 in 1891 then he should be born 1845 give or take a year, this will give his parents, wife, occupation etc.

              Good luck,
              Catherine

              --- Cci <cci@...> wrote:

              > Hi Art,
              > Sorry I don't have any more information about James
              > Thomson.
              > Someone gave me the list of Peterhead people.
              > Best wishes,
              > Catherine

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Anne Geddes
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 20, 2004
                Hi there group

                I am replying to Art Thomson who is looking for James Thomson of Dumfries

                You may like to know that the 1851 Dumfries and Galloway census has been indexed and is online at the Library Website

                Try clicking on the link below to search the 1851 census
                http://www.dumgal.gov.uk/services/depts/comres/library/census_search.asp

                I hope you find your James Thomson

                Cheers

                Anne Geddes

                --- Cci <cci@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > Elizabeth A. Arender, 20, Teacher of music,
                > Peterhead
                >
                > Yorkshire, parish and town Great Ayton
                > Catherine A. Anderson, servant, single, 29, General
                > servant, Peterhead
                >
                > parish and town Melton Mowbray
                > 3 Craven Street
                > G Anderson, head, mar, 39, Pork pie maker, (not
                > Peterhead)
                > Margaret Anderson, wife, mar, age ?, Peterhead
                > *********************************
                >
                > 1871 Channel Island
                > parish St. Helier, town St. Helier
                > 7 Gloucester Street
                > (lodging with Bowman Family)
                > Amelia Strachan, lodger, unmar, 29, School
                > misstress, Peterhead
                >
                > 1860 U.S.A.
                > Massachusetts
                > William Ross, head, mar, 33, Peterhead
                > Mary Ross, wife, mar, 32, Terane Ireland

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT