Re: [Peterhead] gray

  • gwen wright
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2004
      Martin Skelton <martin_j_skelton@...> wrote:
      Hi Gwen,
      In the book The Port of Peterhead by AR Buchan there
      are quite a few references to the Grays but no
      William.

      There is a brief reference to the Peterhead Whaling
      Company - Three yards were still operating in 1865 one
      of which was the above company at 18-20 Castle St.

      There is a brief reference to the 'Dublin' - In 1866
      the 'Dublin' was sold for £1000.

      Take a look at this address -
      http://www.nefa.net/archive/sailwhale/risefall.htm

      By the way my Skeltons owned many Whalers and some of
      the Captains were Grays.

      Regards....Martin

      --- gwen wrote:

      > looking for information on the peterhead whalyng and
      > seal fishing
      > company, also information on the brig 'dublin'
      > my ancestor william gray at time of making out his
      > will had shares
      > in both
      > can anyone help with this
      > thanx
      > gwen

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      thanx martin and george for the great info

      gwen