gray

  • gwen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2004
      looking for information on the peterhead whalyng and seal fishing
      company, also information on the brig 'dublin'
      my ancestor william gray at time of making out his will had shares
      in both
      can anyone help with this
      thanx
      gwen
    • Martin Skelton
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2004
        Hi Gwen,
        In the book The Port of Peterhead by AR Buchan there
        are quite a few references to the Grays but no
        William.

        There is a brief reference to the Peterhead Whaling
        Company - Three yards were still operating in 1865 one
        of which was the above company at 18-20 Castle St.

        There is a brief reference to the 'Dublin' - In 1866
        the 'Dublin' was sold for �1000.

        Take a look at this address -
        http://www.nefa.net/archive/sailwhale/risefall.htm

        By the way my Skeltons owned many Whalers and some of
        the Captains were Grays.

        Regards....Martin

        --- gwen <gypandme@...> wrote:

        > looking for information on the peterhead whalyng and
        > seal fishing
        > company, also information on the brig 'dublin'
        > my ancestor william gray at time of making out his
        > will had shares
        > in both
        > can anyone help with this
        > thanx
        > gwen

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • gwen wright
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2004

          --- gwen wrote:

          > looking for information on the peterhead whalyng and
          > seal fishing
          > company, also information on the brig 'dublin'
          > my ancestor william gray at time of making out his
          > will had shares
          > in both
          > can anyone help with this
          > thanx
          > gwen

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          thanx martin and george for the great info

          gwen