Re: [Peterhead] Robertson

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 12, 2004
      Ian,
      Catherine here,
      Do you know the names of the women James and Robert married.
      Please reply to my home address.
      Was your Robert Robertson a ship master married to Jean Simpson.
      I'm not related to your family but might have some info.
      cci@...

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
        Hi Ian,
        How are you.
        I kept your message and wondered how your search was going.
        Best wishes,
        Catherine

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
          Hi
          My gg mother was Jane Robertson 1849-1908. Her parents I believe
          were James Robertson, ships carpenter & Ann Smith, married Peterhead
          3 May 1840. Jane (Jeannie) married John Lawrence May (Jockey borra)
          1846-1923, in Inverallochy 1867. They had 14 children, my
          grandfather, John, was their 3rd son, born June 3rd 1882.d 1952, he
          married Jane Ritchie (1885-1971) of Rosehearty. If these names sound
          familiar to anyone, would love to hear from you. Regards Maureen
          from New Zealand.

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "iandrobertson" <idr@r...> wrote:
          > I continue to look - without success - for links to Robertson in
          > Peterhead. I have a John Robertson, born Peterhead 20 Sep 1794,
          > married Helen Ross, and with sons James b. May 12, 1822, and Robert
          > b. circa 1823. I believe the lineage goes back to a John Robertson
          b.
          > Peterhead 1773, and then to John Robertson b. 1740 Peterhead.
          > Any suggestions??
        • s.inkster
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 15, 2004
            Hi,
            I also have Robertson's.
            William Robertson married July 1, 1798 in Grange, to Margaret McHatty
            (Machattie)
            Their children: Margaret 1799, Jean 1801(m: June22,1826- James Mitchell),
            Janet 1803 (m:Feb.13,1836- Thomas Mitchell),James 1806 and William 1812
            I seem to have come to a dead end on this family.
            Sharon
          • moresmall
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 16, 2004
              Hi all
              Just a little more information on my "Robertson"

              Children of James Robertson & Anne Smith:

              James Robertson b 1837 m Agnes Clark 1841-1911 (10 children
              Margaret Robertson b 1845
              Ann Robertson b 1847 m William Bruce (4 children)
              Jane(Jeannie) Robertson b 1849 m John May
              Mary Robertson b December 1850
              John Robertson b 1853 m Barbara Thain.

              Jeannies address on her marriage registration (1867) is given as Kirk
              Street, Peterhead. She was known as a very beautiful woman, her
              husband John May, named the drifter "Star of Buckie" after her.

              Hope this helps.

              Regards Maureen.
            • Ian Robertson
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 23, 2006
                I have tried to collate the Robertson references posted recently (1383,
                1384, 1388) and also compare to those posted October 2004 (1181,1176,
                1178, 1179):
                Branch #1 (Campbell): William Robertson & Elspet Lillie m 1847, daughter
                Elizabeth b 1858
                Branch #2 (Sharon): William Robertson & Margaret McHatty m 1798,
                offspring Margaret 1799, Jean 1801, Janet 1803, James 1806, William 1812
                Branch #3 (Maureen): James Robertson & Anne Smith m 1840, offspring
                Jane Robertson b 1849, d 1908 & married John Lawrence
                Branch #4 (Ian Robertson): John Robertson b 1740, Peterhead, John
                Robertson b 1773, Peterhead, James Robertson b 1794 Peterhead, James
                Robertson b 1822
                Branch #5 (Margaret) William Robertson & Isabella Greig, daughter
                Isabella Robertson b 1803, married Andrew Boyd 1830
                Branch #6 (Arthur) George Robertson, b 1850, d 1930
                Branch #7 (chickcorbybred) Robertson Matthew & Eliza Robertson m 1854

                Possible: William b 1812 (Br2), married Elspet 1847 (Br1)??
                Possible: Anne Smith (Br3) married in 1840 to either James Robertson
                b1806 (Br2), or James Robertson b 1822 (Br4)??

                Does anyone see other possibles??

                Sincerely,
                Ian D Robertson
                864 Pacific Dr