Robertson

  • iandrobertson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 8, 2004
      I continue to look - without success - for links to Robertson in
      Peterhead. I have a John Robertson, born Peterhead 20 Sep 1794,
      married Helen Ross, and with sons James b. May 12, 1822, and Robert
      b. circa 1823. I believe the lineage goes back to a John Robertson b.
      Peterhead 1773, and then to John Robertson b. 1740 Peterhead.
      Any suggestions??
    • Cci
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 12, 2004
        Ian,
        Catherine here,
        Do you know the names of the women James and Robert married.
        Please reply to my home address.
        Was your Robert Robertson a ship master married to Jean Simpson.
        I'm not related to your family but might have some info.
        cci@...

        I continue to look - without success - for links to Robertson in
        Peterhead. I have a John Robertson, born Peterhead 20 Sep 1794,
        married Helen Ross, and with sons James b. May 12, 1822, and Robert
        b. circa 1823. I believe the lineage goes back to a John Robertson b.
        Peterhead 1773, and then to John Robertson b. 1740 Peterhead.
        Any suggestions??

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Cci
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
          Hi Ian,
          How are you.
          I kept your message and wondered how your search was going.
          Best wishes,
          Catherine

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
            Hi
            My gg mother was Jane Robertson 1849-1908. Her parents I believe
            were James Robertson, ships carpenter & Ann Smith, married Peterhead
            3 May 1840. Jane (Jeannie) married John Lawrence May (Jockey borra)
            1846-1923, in Inverallochy 1867. They had 14 children, my
            grandfather, John, was their 3rd son, born June 3rd 1882.d 1952, he
            married Jane Ritchie (1885-1971) of Rosehearty. If these names sound
            familiar to anyone, would love to hear from you. Regards Maureen
            from New Zealand.

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "iandrobertson" <idr@r...> wrote:
            > I continue to look - without success - for links to Robertson in
            > Peterhead. I have a John Robertson, born Peterhead 20 Sep 1794,
            > married Helen Ross, and with sons James b. May 12, 1822, and Robert
            > b. circa 1823. I believe the lineage goes back to a John Robertson
            b.
            > Peterhead 1773, and then to John Robertson b. 1740 Peterhead.
            > Any suggestions??
          • s.inkster
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 15, 2004
              Hi,
              I also have Robertson's.
              William Robertson married July 1, 1798 in Grange, to Margaret McHatty
              (Machattie)
              Their children: Margaret 1799, Jean 1801(m: June22,1826- James Mitchell),
              Janet 1803 (m:Feb.13,1836- Thomas Mitchell),James 1806 and William 1812
              I seem to have come to a dead end on this family.
              Sharon
            • moresmall
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 16, 2004
                Hi all
                Just a little more information on my "Robertson"

                Children of James Robertson & Anne Smith:

                James Robertson b 1837 m Agnes Clark 1841-1911 (10 children
                Margaret Robertson b 1845
                Ann Robertson b 1847 m William Bruce (4 children)
                Jane(Jeannie) Robertson b 1849 m John May
                Mary Robertson b December 1850
                John Robertson b 1853 m Barbara Thain.

                Jeannies address on her marriage registration (1867) is given as Kirk
                Street, Peterhead. She was known as a very beautiful woman, her
                husband John May, named the drifter "Star of Buckie" after her.

                Hope this helps.

                Regards Maureen.
              • Ian Robertson
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 23, 2006
                  I have tried to collate the Robertson references posted recently (1383,
                  1384, 1388) and also compare to those posted October 2004 (1181,1176,
                  1178, 1179):
                  Branch #1 (Campbell): William Robertson & Elspet Lillie m 1847, daughter
                  Elizabeth b 1858
                  Branch #2 (Sharon): William Robertson & Margaret McHatty m 1798,
                  offspring Margaret 1799, Jean 1801, Janet 1803, James 1806, William 1812
                  Branch #3 (Maureen): James Robertson & Anne Smith m 1840, offspring
                  Jane Robertson b 1849, d 1908 & married John Lawrence
                  Branch #4 (Ian Robertson): John Robertson b 1740, Peterhead, John
                  Robertson b 1773, Peterhead, James Robertson b 1794 Peterhead, James
                  Robertson b 1822
                  Branch #5 (Margaret) William Robertson & Isabella Greig, daughter
                  Isabella Robertson b 1803, married Andrew Boyd 1830
                  Branch #6 (Arthur) George Robertson, b 1850, d 1930
                  Branch #7 (chickcorbybred) Robertson Matthew & Eliza Robertson m 1854

                  Possible: William b 1812 (Br2), married Elspet 1847 (Br1)??
                  Possible: Anne Smith (Br3) married in 1840 to either James Robertson
                  b1806 (Br2), or James Robertson b 1822 (Br4)??

                  Does anyone see other possibles??

                  Sincerely,
                  Ian D Robertson
                  864 Pacific Dr