Re: [Peterhead] John Davidson

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2004
      Hi Alex,
      I found a lot of information at the Dundee University site, they have a lot of archive films to do with the whaling days, and I bought two films from them that have the accounts of my great grandfathers ship Polar Star which sailed out of Dundee.
      If you search on Yahoo, type into the url, Narwhal ship Dundee Scotland, one site will come up with Basil Lubbock's list of the whaling ships and their captains.

      eg;
      Narwhal. 1882 Captain McLennan
      1882 Captain Philips
      etc.