RE: [Peterhead] Milne,Nicol, - Peterhead

  • 2Barbara Croker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2004
      Hi Lexi,
      I'm interested in your Milne & Nicol interests. I have an Alexander Milne
      born around 1802 to 1805 somewhere in or near Peterhead (haven't confirmed
      his birth by getting certificate), who married Grizzel Davidson in Peterhead
      in 1827. They had 4 children that I know of. Margaret born 1828 (married
      Alexander Porter), Alexander b. 1836 (cant find a marriage),James born 1839
      (married Elizabeth Stewart, 1859 Peterhead) and my great-grandmother,
      Christian, born 1841 in Peterhead. This is where the Nicol comes in.
      Christian emigrated to Brisbane, Queensland, Australia in 1865 and married
      Donald Nicol in 1868. Donald was born in Caithness, Scotland, though I have
      discovered that the Nicol/l family there had come from elsewhere, as they
      are the only Nicoll's there.
      Any connections. I think I'm right in thinking that the birth I have found
      of an Alexander Milne on 12.9.1802 in St. Fergus, is the same Alexander. He
      worked as a ship's cooper for most of his life and died (I think) in 1863 in
      Peterhead.
      I'd love to hear of any connections from you or anyone.
      Regards, Barbara

      >From: "lexicanada1963" <lexiclark@...>
      >To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Peterhead] Clark,Burnett,,Milne,Nicol, Birnie, Kelman - Peterhead
      >Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 05:10:54 -0000
      >
      >--- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "thistledown" <thistledown76@b...>
      >wrote:
      > > POSTING INTERESTS
      > >
      > > CLARK
      > > Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Rathven, Crimmond, Peterhead, St Fergus and
      >Aberdeen
      > >
      > > BURNETT
      > > Aberdour, Tyrie, Peterhead
      > >
      > > MUNDIE
      > > St Fergus
      > >
      > > MILNE
      > > Peterhead
      > >
      > > SIM
      > > Peterhead
      > >
      > > FERGUSSON
      > > Monquitter and Pitsligo
      > >
      > > MAITLAND
      > > Pitsligo area .......... Marriage of Elizabeth Clark to Alexander
      >Maitland
      > >
      > > CHEYNE
      > > St Fergus
      > >
      > > DANIEL
      > > Longside and possibly St Fergus
      > >
      > >Hi,
      >I have many similar surnames in my family.
      >
      > > ALEXANDER1 KELMAN born Abt. 1810 Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen,
      >Scotland. Married MARGARET BIRNIE November 23, 1834 in Rathen,
      >Aberdeen, Scotland, daughter of JOHN BIRNIE and MARGARET REID. She
      >was born May 05, 1810 in Rathen, Aberdeen, Scotland.
      >
      >Children of ALEXANDER KELMAN and MARGARET BIRNIE are:
      > i. CHRISTIAN2 KELMAN, b. January 06, 1836, Rathen,
      >Aberdeen, Scotland.
      > ii. MARIA KELMAN, b. May 06, 1838, Rathen, Aberdeen,
      >Scotland.
      >2. iii. ELIZABETH KELMAN, b. March 21, 1841, Rathen,
      >Aberdeen, Scotland.
      >

      >2. ELIZABETH2 KELMAN (ALEXANDER1) born March 21, 1841 in Rathen,
      >Aberdeen, Scotland. She met (1) JAMES CLARK. She married (2) JOHN
      >BURNETT June 09, 1866 in Rathen, Aberdeen, Scotland. He was born
      >Abt. 1840 in Rathen, Aberdeen, Scotland.
      >
      >Child of ELIZABETH KELMAN and JAMES CLARK is:
      >3. i. ALEXANDER MURRAY3 CLARK, b. February 26, 1862,
      >Rathen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland; d. August 05, 1915, Aberdeen,
      >Scotland.
      >
      >Children of ELIZABETH KELMAN and JOHN BURNETT are:
      > ii. ANNA JANE SMITH3 BURNETT, b. April 30, 1867, Rathen,
      >Aberdeen, Scotland.
      > iii. ELISABETH MITCHELL BURNETT, b. June 09, 1870, Lonmay,
      >Aberdeen, Scotland.
      > iv. JOHN BURNETT, b. 1876, Lonmay, Aberdeen, Scotland.
      > v. MAGGIE ANN BURNETT, b. 1878, Lonmay, Aberdeen,
      >Scotland.
      > vi. GEORGE MILNE BURNETT, b. 1879, Lonmay, Aberdeen,
      >Scotland; m. UNKNOWN.
      >
      >3. ALEXANDER MURRAY3 CLARK (ELIZABETH2 KELMAN, ALEXANDER1) was born
      >February 26, 1862 in Rathen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, and died August
      >05, 1915 in Aberdeen, Scotland. He married ISABELLA NICOL October
> [...]

      Smart Saving with ING Direct � earn 5.25% p.a. variable rate:
      http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;7249209;8842331;n?http://www.ingdirect.com.au/burst6offer.asp?id=8