Re: Nicol and Clark's of Peterhead

  • lexicanada1963
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2004
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Adam" <taadam@s...> wrote:
      >Linda, You are amazing. A million thank you's. We are having a
      family reunion at the end of the month, and I am to bring as much
      information as possible to the gathering. What a wonderful discovery
      you have made for us.

      Lexi,
      British Columbia, Canada

      Hi Lexi,

      > I have no connection to your families but have found a bit of
      information which should help you with your Nicol branch.

      > Whinton Nicol & Janet (Jessie) Watt married Oct 01, 1829 Saint
      Nicholas Blotter And Scroll, Aberdeen, Scotland
      > There is a second registration of their Marriage dated Nov 03, 1829
      Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland.

      > The 1841 Census; Aberdeen Burgh-Aberdeenshire, Hutcheon Street:
      > Nicol, Whinton, 30, Ropemaker, b. Aberdeenshire
      > Nicol, Jannet, 35 "
      > Nicol, Isabella, 10 "
      > Nicol, Charles, 8 "
      > Nicol, Hellen, 6 "
      > Nicol, Margret, 2 "
      > Nicol, Will., 6 mo. "
      >
      > Death; Aberdeen, Old Machar; Reg. # 168 / 02 / 0343 :
      > Whinton Routledge Nicol, Tea Dealer (Widower of Janet Watt)
      > March 26 1895, 2h. p.m., 63 Chapel street, Aberdeen.
      > Age 89
      > Parents: Charles Nicol, Overseer at Harbour Works (deceased) &
      Helen Nicol m.s. Routledge (deceased)
      > Cause: Influenza - 4 days
      > Informant: Helen Nicol, Daughter-in-law, Present, 14 Granton Place,
      Aberdeen.

      > Children of Whinton Routledge Nicol & Janet Watt (Source IGI), all
      born Saint Nicholas, Ab.:

      > 1. Isabella Nicol, Bap. 10 Sep 1830
      > 2. Charles Nicol, Bap. 17 July 1832
      > 3. Helen Nicol, Bap. 30 Sep 1834
      > 4. Isaac Nicol, Bap. 19 Nov 1836
      > 5. Margaret Nicol, Bap. 12 Aug 1838
      > 6. William Watt Nicol, Bap. 16 Nov 1840
      > 7. Eliza Gibb Nicol, Bap. 21 Apr 1844
      > 8. Whinton Nicol, Bap. 08 May 1846
      > 9. Janet King Nicol, B. 06 Mar 1851 Bap. 18 May 1851; Died Apr 16
      1871, age 20, Old Machar, Aberdeen
      > (Death cert. showed Mother, Janet Nicol m.s. Watt was deceased)
      >
      > Marriage Certificate of Charles Nicol & Hellen Edward - Ref. #
      232 / 01/ 0012
      > On the 3rd May at Peterhead. Marriage (after Banns) was solemnized
      between us, according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Free Church
      of Scotland.
      > (Signed) Charles Nicol, Present Residence, Peterhead; Usual
      Residence, Peterhead
      > age 22, Printer, Bachelor
      > Born in Aberdeen in 1833 and registered.
      > Parents: Whinton Nicol, Ropemaker & Jessie Watt
      > and
      > (Signed) Hellen Edward, Present Residence, Peterhead; Usual
      Residence, Peterhead