Re: mckissor/henderson

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 1999
      Hi Sandra,

      William Pratt wrote:

      > 1) Did you say you have access to the 1841 census? Is there a McKissor
      > or a john or James Henderson in that census. John might have a daughter
      > Jemima.

      I have access to the 1841 census at my local Family History Society, but
      I can't look at this for a few weeks.

      > 2) Are there any other McKissors in the 1851 census other than William?

      Only the William and his family.

      > 3) Any Norie/Norries in 1851?

      District 12, page 2, No.8, Thistle Street
      Ann Norie, wife, married, 40, Peterhead
      Ann Norie, dau, 11, Peterhead
      Emilie Norie, dau, 9, Peterhead
      Jean Norie, dau, 6, Peterhead
      George Norie, son, 1, Peterhead

      Regards, Wade.
    • Marjorie Gavin
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 1999
        Have just come across a request for information on McKisser. I may be able
        to help. I have a James McKisser, son of William McKisser, quarrier, and
        Jemima McKisser M.S. Henderson.

        James married Isabella Gavin at Stirlinghill on 20th Dec. 1872 when he was
        34 yeasr old and a merchant. His father was dead.

        Isabella is my family and I have loads of information on the Gavin family if
        it is of any help.

        Marjorie.

        >> 1) Did you say you have access to the 1841 census? Is there a McKissor
        >> or a john or James Henderson in that census. John might have a daughter
        >> Jemima.
        >
        >I have access to the 1841 census at my local Family History Society, but
        >I can't look at this for a few weeks.
        >
        >> 2) Are there any other McKissors in the 1851 census other than William?
        >
        >Only the William and his family.
        >>
        >> 3) Any Norie/Norries in 1851?
        >
        >District 12, page 2, No.8, Thistle Street
        >Ann Norie, wife, married, 40, Peterhead
        >Ann Norie, dau, 11, Peterhead
        >Emilie Norie, dau, 9, Peterhead
        >Jean Norie, dau, 6, Peterhead