Clark,Burnett,,Milne,Nicol, Birnie, Kelman - Peterhead

  • lexicanada1963
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7 10:10 PM
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "thistledown" <thistledown76@b...>
      wrote:
      > POSTING INTERESTS
      >
      > CLARK
      > Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Rathven, Crimmond, Peterhead, St Fergus and
      Aberdeen

      > BURNETT
      > Aberdour, Tyrie, Peterhead
      >
      > MUNDIE
      > St Fergus
      >
      > MILNE
      > Peterhead
      >
      > SIM
      > Peterhead
      >
      > FERGUSSON
      > Monquitter and Pitsligo
      >
      > MAITLAND
      > Pitsligo area .......... Marriage of Elizabeth Clark to Alexander
      Maitland

      > CHEYNE
      > St Fergus
      >
      > DANIEL
      > Longside and possibly St Fergus
      >
      >Hi,
      I have many similar surnames in my family.

      > ALEXANDER1 KELMAN born Abt. 1810 Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen,
      Scotland. Married MARGARET BIRNIE November 23, 1834 in Rathen,
      Aberdeen, Scotland, daughter of JOHN BIRNIE and MARGARET REID. She
      was born May 05, 1810 in Rathen, Aberdeen, Scotland.

      Children of ALEXANDER KELMAN and MARGARET BIRNIE are:
      i. CHRISTIAN2 KELMAN, b. January 06, 1836, Rathen,
      Aberdeen, Scotland.
      ii. MARIA KELMAN, b. May 06, 1838, Rathen, Aberdeen,
      Scotland.
      2. iii. ELIZABETH KELMAN, b. March 21, 1841, Rathen,
      Aberdeen, Scotland.

      2. ELIZABETH2 KELMAN (ALEXANDER1) born March 21, 1841 in Rathen,
      Aberdeen, Scotland. She met (1) JAMES CLARK. She married (2) JOHN
      BURNETT June 09, 1866 in Rathen, Aberdeen, Scotland. He was born
      Abt. 1840 in Rathen, Aberdeen, Scotland.

      Child of ELIZABETH KELMAN and JAMES CLARK is:
      3. i. ALEXANDER MURRAY3 CLARK, b. February 26, 1862,
      Rathen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland; d. August 05, 1915, Aberdeen,
      Scotland.

      Children of ELIZABETH KELMAN and JOHN BURNETT are:
      ii. ANNA JANE SMITH3 BURNETT, b. April 30, 1867, Rathen,
      Aberdeen, Scotland.
      iii. ELISABETH MITCHELL BURNETT, b. June 09, 1870, Lonmay,
      Aberdeen, Scotland.
      iv. JOHN BURNETT, b. 1876, Lonmay, Aberdeen, Scotland.
      v. MAGGIE ANN BURNETT, b. 1878, Lonmay, Aberdeen,
      Scotland.
      vi. GEORGE MILNE BURNETT, b. 1879, Lonmay, Aberdeen,
      Scotland; m. UNKNOWN.

      3. ALEXANDER MURRAY3 CLARK (ELIZABETH2 KELMAN, ALEXANDER1) was born
      February 26, 1862 in Rathen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, and died August
      05, 1915 in Aberdeen, Scotland. He married ISABELLA NICOL October
      05, 1883 in St. Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland, daughter of CHARLES
      NICOL and HELLEN EDWARDS. She was born September 25, 1861 in
      Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland, and died November 03, 1949 in
      Aberdeen, Scotland.

      Children of ALEXANDER CLARK and ISABELLA NICOL are:
      4. i. ELIZABETH KELMAN4 CLARK, b. October 30, 1883.
      5. ii. ALEXANDER CLARK, b. June 07, 1886, Aberdeen,
      SCOTLAND; d. March 09, 1927, Fletcher, B.C. CANADA.
      iii. ISABELLA CLARK, b. January 08, 1888, SCOTLAND; d.
      GLASGOW, SCOTLAND; m. HAMILTON HAY.
      iv. HELEN EDWARD CLARK, b. November 29, 1889, SCOTLAND;
      d. October 20, 1946, ABERDEEN, SCOTLAND; m. UNKNOWN EDWARD.
      6. v. JAMES CLARK, b. October 04, 1891, SCOTLAND.
      7. vi. CHRISTIAN CLARK, b. November 20, 1892, Scotland; d.
      April 04, 1981, Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen.
      vii. WILLIAM HENDERSON CLARK, b. September 23, 1895,
      SCOTLAND; d. November 23, 1905, SCOTLAND.
      viii. REBECCA CLARK, b. August 31, 1897, SCOTLAND; d.
      September 07, 1968, SCOTLAND; m. WILLIAM M. CAVIN.
      8. ix. MARY CLARK, b. May 15, 1901, Aberdeen, Scotland; d.
      May 24, 1992, Elgin, Scotland.
      9. x. JEAN CLARK, b. March 16, 1903, SCOTLAND.

      Lexi

    • rayhennessy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8 1:51 PM
        Hi List

        I was intrigued by Lexi's response to "thistledown" partly because I didn't see the original message - not sure how that happened but there isn't one in the archive that I can find. Is "thistledown" a member of this list?

        Anyway, we are investigating the SHIRRAN lines around New Deer, Tyrie, etc. There is an Alexander SHIRRAN who married an Ann BURNETT in the early 1800s. They had twins [Alexander & George] in 1815. George SHIRRAN married Margaret SMITH.

        There is an MI in Tyrie which records the deaths of some of these:

        Alexander SHIRRAN died 9 Jan 1853, aged 70
        Ann BURNETT died 30 Jan 1861, aged 80
        George SHIRRAN died 11 March 1903 at Greenburn, Tyrie.

        We are interested because we have an Alexander SHIRRAN [the third] who is Sheena's g-g-grandfather. He is the third Alexander SHIRRAN in a line and we believe that the one who married Ann BURNETT was his cousin. If we are right this is the line:

        Alexander 1 [Sheena's g-g-g-g-gf] had two sons: Alexander 2 [Sheena's g-g-g-gf] and a.n.other.
        Both of these would have named their first born sons after their father.
        So we get our Alexander 3 [born 1887] and the cousin hypothesised above who was born in 1883 and married Ann BURNETT in Tyrie.

        Alexander 3 had a very fruitful life: So far we have found three wives and at least two [or three] other liaisons. He had eight daughters and at least one son. The son - his last know child - was called George! We feel sure there must have been an Alexander 4 but have yet to pin him down. One was born in 1830 but disappears without trace after the 1891 Census. His wife was Jessie TAWSE. She also is not in the 1901 Census but her death certificate for 1909 is on Scotland's People.

        Any help tracking the BURNETT connection with the SHIRRANs would be most welcome.
        [We also have Clark & Cheyne connections but not in these parishes.]

        Regards

        Ray & Sheena Hennessy

        ----- Original Messages - edited down [Ray] -----