Re: [Peterhead] "The Buchanie" Peterhead's Local Newspaper

  • William Leslie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 23, 2004
      Hello Margie;
      I hope you are well. Sue and I still remember your touring us around Longside last summer and explaining how the old farms worked. After many hours in the ANESFHS searching all the Census' available, I have not been able to find any more information on my gg grandfather James Leslie and my ggg grandfather John Leslie, farmers in Longside.
      However, through the magic of the Internet, we have added a little bit to Scottish history by placing a new headstone on the graves of my grandparents, William and Willimina Leslie in the Constitution Street Cemetery in Peterhead. I feel really good about that. My brothers, daughters, sister, cousins and nephews supported us in this project.
      Regards
      William Leslie