Phd Newspapers

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2004
      There certainly won't be any newspapers c.1840, the earliest available are the Peterhead Sentinal (I think 1857) but I don't know if the Library in Peterhead have many copies on microfilm. They certainly have some.

      Another possibility (Depending upon what you are searching for) are copies of the Aberdeen Journal and Aberdeen Free Press which go back to the 1700s. I have looked at these in Aberdeen Central Library on microfilm. I'm not aware that there has been any indexing, except perhaps of obituaries.

      Alex Ritchie