Update

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 1999
      Hi All,

      Web page has been updated. The rest of the 1864 deaths have been added
      and a further 56 people have been added to the lair records.

      The search engine week take a few days before this is updated.

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 10, 2002
        Hi All,

        As I have mentioned a couple of times previously, I can not update the
        Peterhead Genealogy web page. This has been very frustrating and I'm
        sorry that I haven't been able to update people's email address and add
        new people to the Researchers section. I now have a cable modem at home
        and I'm with a new provider. In the next few months I hope to upload
        the new updates (before Christmas, even though I still have the
        Christmas theme), unfortunately this will mean a change of the web
        address.

        I will also start to transcribe more deaths from the Peterhead films in
        the next couple of months, since my other passion/interest Aussie Rules
        Football season is almost over.

        Happy hunting,
        Wade.
      • usstweedy
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 21, 2003
          Hello Group

          At long last I have updated my web-site
          http://angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead. As my ancestors were from
          Peterhead, the web-site contains many families from Peterhead and
          the surrounding areas. I hope it will help someone fill in some
          blank spaces on there family tree.

          As always if you can fill in some of my unknowns it will be greatly
          appreciated.

          Have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year

          Cheers
          Jim Allan
        • gary and rhonda simpson
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 22, 2003
            I have just perused your site with great interest. My husbands great
            grandmother, plus 2 more generations back are there. Mary Lawson is the
            mother of his grandmother. Some of the data on her father's side differs
            from mine however. I have Peter Lawsons parents as John Lawson and Margaret
            Scott. Their children Margaret, James, John, Mary, Elizabeth and Peter. and
            I have John Lawsons parents as John Lawson and Janet Ferguson.
            Peter's wife, Helen Duff Davie was the daughter of Christian Cadger and
            George Davie. George is the son of Walter Davie and Margaret (Shirras we
            think). It is believed George had a 1st wife Barbara Hay who died. I have
            found living relatives in England and Alberta and Florida that are Davie and
            Lawson Descendants. If you are interested I can send the ancestral gedcom
            line to you.
            Let me know, It was interesting finding another bit of family being
            researched.
            Are you part of this descendancy or were these just entries from the same
            area.
            Look forward to hearing from you,
            Rhonda Simpson
            Manitoba
            **you wrote***At long last I have updated my web-site
            > http://angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead. As my ancestors were from
            > Peterhead, the web-site contains many families from Peterhead and
            > the surrounding areas.
          • Jamie
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 28, 2003
              I keep trying to get into Jim's web page and I keep getting an error message. Has anyone else gotten into his site?

              Jamie Busse
              Peterhead, the web-site contains many families from Peterhead and
              the surrounding areas. I hope it will help someone fill in some
              blank spaces on there family tree.

              As always if you can fill in some of my unknowns it will be greatly
              appreciated.

              Have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year

              Cheers
              Jim Allan

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Cci
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 28, 2003
                Hi Jamie,
                I can't get into Jim's site either,
                Maybe Jim could post an alternative address for his page.
                Catherine

                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 28, 2003
                  Hi, Happy New Year,
                  You may be able to get to the site if you use www before the address and leave out the http. It worked for me.
                  Cindy

                • Andrew & Pamela
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 29, 2003
                    Hola Everyone

                    Hope we´re all ready for Hogmanay! Using the same method as Cindy to access Jim´s site worked for me too. Does anyone have information from the deaths´ index of John Ogston, shipmaster Christened 05/05/1794? I know his wife, Williamina Ogston (nee Anderson) died on 21/02/1845 and is buried in Lair A201. Also any info on Robert Ogston, shoemaker born C1762 and father of the aforementioned John and probably father of Alexander Ogston who is buried in Lair A200 and died on June 21st 1887 in Aberdeen aged 77. Robert´s other children were: Margaret (1797), William (1799) Robert (March 8th 1801) and James (June 24th 1804). I think Helen nee Dunbar (C1767)was Robert´s spouse but if someone has the information to confirm this I would be grateful.

                    Hope it´s not too deep and crisp and even up in Peterhead.

                    Good wishes

                    Pamela
                    You may be able to get to the site if you use www before the address and leave out the http. It worked for me.
                    Cindy

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • Linda Adam
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 29, 2003
                      Hi All,

                      If you use http://angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead you should be able to access Jim 's web pages. The period Jim had included at the end was causing the problem.

                      Linda Adam
                      Kitchener, Ontario
                      Canada

                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 29, 2003
                        Linda: Thank you for your help. It worked this time and I now have it saved in my favorites folder. Happy New Year to everyone.

                        Jamie Busse
                        Wisconsin, USA

                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 29, 2003
                          Hi Jamie and others,

                          Jim's link didn't work because of the full stop was attached to the hyper link.

                          Try this: http://angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead