Palmer's Index

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23 6:08 AM
      Hi Ray,

      > Wade: what is the "Palmer's Index" you mention?
      > Is it on-line? URL, please?? :-)

      Palmer's Index is of the London Times (1790 -1980), and would be available
      at most larger libaries and university libraries around the world, either as
      a hard copy or CR-ROM. Some libraries have it online, but you need a login.

      Regards, Wade.
    • Elisabeth Wilson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23 6:50 AM
        At 11:08 PM 23/06/04, you wrote:

        >Palmer's Index is of the London Times (1790 -1980), and would be available
        >at most larger libaries and university libraries around the world, either as
        >a hard copy or CR-ROM. Some libraries have it online, but you need a login.

        We have access to this online through the State Library of Tasmania - it
        goes from 1785-1985. It's great - searchable by phrase, name, etc, or
        browse by date.

        Elisabeth

        Elisabeth Wilson

        South Hobart, Tasmania
        SPENCE(Peterhead) PAUL (Peterhead?) MURRISON (Peterhead) CRAIG (Strichen)
        DAVIDSON (Strichen)