2 marriage certificates

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2004
      Hi group, how are you.
      2 marriage certificates from 1860.
      NONE of these people are related to me.
      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      No. 16
      1860
      On the 29th day of December at Dens Peterhead Marriage Banns caster?.
      Banns was solomized between us according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland.
      signature of parties
      signed; James Wallas age 26
      resides; Whitehill, Peterhead
      profession; farm servant, Batchelor
      father; Charles Wallace, labourer (dead)
      mother; Janet Wallace maiden surname Davidson
      signed; James Mitchell, Minister of Peterhead
      signed; John Ogg, witness
      signed; Charles McLaren, witness

      signed; Isabella McLaren age 22
      resides; Dens, Peterhead, Spinster
      father; James McLaren, gardiner
      mother; Mary McLaren maiden surname Allan (dead)

      No. 15
      1860
      On the ???teenth day of December 1860 at Lund-ord? Marriage Banns caster?
      Banns was solomized between us according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland.
      signature of parties
      signed; Robert Gray age 38
      resides; Faichfeild? Longside
      profession; Farmer, Batchelor
      father; Thomas Gray , farmer
      mother; Ann Gray maiden surname Daniel
      signed; James Mitchell, Minister of Peterhead
      signed; John Duffus, witness
      signed; Thomas Gray, witness

      signed; Mary Duffus age 31
      resides; Faichfeild, Longside
      occupation; House servant, Spinster
      father; John Duffus, farmer
      mother; Isobel Duffus maiden surname Clark