Re: [Peterhead] Longside/Peterhead families James WISELY / Mary WATT

  • rayhennessy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2004
      Hello again, Sharon

      WISELY/WATT, GRAY/GEDDIE, THOMSON/SMITH

      We have the following line from James WISELY & Mary WATT.
      While not fully researched as yet, we are 95%+ certain of these facts.
      The note you, Sharon, gave us of James's second marriage was vital.

      This part of Sheena's family tree looks like this:

      Mary WATT John GRAY
      & James WISELY & Janet GEDDIE
      | |
      Jane WISELY - Malcolm GRAY Ann SMITH & Robt THOMSON
      | |
      Janet GRAY ------------------------ Robert THOMSON

      Janet THOMSON
      William THOMSON
      Ann THOMSON
      Malcolm THOMSON
      Mary Jane THOMSON [Sheena's mother]

      These are the main ancestors, from James & Mary:

      James WISELY was born in c.1810 in ?Rathen
      He married Mary WATT on Feb 25 1839 in Peterhead.
      He remarried, Margaret GEDDES on July 10 1849 in Peterhead.
      James died on Oct 18 1889 at "Village of Longside" aged 79

      Mary WATT was born c. 1812, place unknown.
      She had a daughter, Jane WISELY in c.1844.
      Mary died on March 6 1848 at Berryden, Longside.

      Jane WISELY was born in Peterhead c.1844 [?1845 - family story].
      She married Malcolm GRAY on Dec 14 1866 from Bruxie, New Deer.
      They had a daughter Janet GRAY born 1867.
      Jane died at Royal Infirmary Abdn on June 28 1909.
      Her usual residence was given as Cairngall, Longside.

      Malcolm GRAY was born Jun 17 1843 at Longside.
      Son of John GRAY [1781-1874] & Janet GEDDIE [1800-1885]
      Malcolm died on Nov 24 1912 at "Village of Longside".

      Janet GRAY was born Sept 20 1867 in "Village of Longside"
      She married Robert THOMSON July 6 1895 at Cairngall, Longside
      They had five children: Janet, Willie, Annie, Malcolm & Mary Jane.
      Janet died June 18 1945 at Bankhead [daughter Janet's home].

      Robert THOMSON was born July 22 1867 at Garriochsburn, Forgue.
      Parents Annie SMITH [later WILLOX] and Robert THOMSON [snr].
      Robert died Dec 23 1933 at Toddlehills, Longside.
      We have details of the parents' lines but these are not relevant here,

      Any information you can give us about James WISELY and his marriages,
      residences and [whisper it] ancestors would be very welcome.

      Thanks again for your input

      Best wishes

      Sheena & Ray Hennessy
      Reading Berkshire UK
      [anesfhs # 13148]

      [outgoing messages virus checked by Symantec]