Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead deaths in WWI

  • Sheryl Messier
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 9, 2004
      Yes, please Carolyn, I would very much appreciate a copy of these 300 or so
      servicemen and their details.
      Please send to sheryl_messier@...

      Thanks so much

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 11, 2004
        Carolyn

        Can I jump on the bandwagon and take advantage of your offer by
        sending me your spreadsheet of WW1 names?

        Thanks
        Alan
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Morrisey
        <carolyn.morrisey@l...> wrote:
        > As a result of some research I was doing on Peterhead relatives who
        > died in WWI, I have acquired quite a few names of other soldiers,
        born
        > in Peterhaed or nearby, which I am happy to send on to anyone who
        may
        > be interested.
        > The information consists of Name; Service number; where born; where
        > enlisted; date of death; theatre of war where died (this is very
        > general ie "France & Flanders");Cause of death (again very general
        > eg "Killed in action/"died of Wounds" etc); Name of Regiment/unit;
        > place of burial/memorial; and in about 30 percent of cases, age and
        the
        > name of next of kin.
        > I have about 300 names - too many to list here. If anyone is
        > interested I will forward the file (Excel).
        > I would also be interested to hear from anyone who may have any
        > information on Peterhead relatives etc who died in this War.
        >
        > In addition, if anyone has any interest in the Baird Family, I have
        put
        > my research on the web at:
        > http://www.carolynmorrisey.com
        >
        > Cheers
        > Carolyn
      • moresmall
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 11, 2004
          Carolyn
          I too would love a copy of your WW1 list, I have recently discovered
          a few of my ancestors died during this time. Thanks - Maureen, New
          Zealand.

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "aclubb2004" <a.clubb@v...> wrote:
          > Carolyn
          >
          > Can I jump on the bandwagon and take advantage of your offer by
          > sending me your spreadsheet of WW1 names?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Alan
          > --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Morrisey
          > <carolyn.morrisey@l...> wrote:
          > > As a result of some research I was doing on Peterhead relatives
          who
          > > died in WWI, I have acquired quite a few names of other soldiers,
          > born
          > > in Peterhaed or nearby, which I am happy to send on to anyone who
          > may
          > > be interested.
          > > The information consists of Name; Service number; where born;
          where
          > > enlisted; date of death; theatre of war where died (this is very
          > > general ie "France & Flanders");Cause of death (again very
          general
          > > eg "Killed in action/"died of Wounds" etc); Name of
          Regiment/unit;
          > > place of burial/memorial; and in about 30 percent of cases, age
          and
          > the
          > > name of next of kin.
          > > I have about 300 names - too many to list here. If anyone is
          > > interested I will forward the file (Excel).
          > > I would also be interested to hear from anyone who may have any
          > > information on Peterhead relatives etc who died in this War.
          > >
          > > In addition, if anyone has any interest in the Baird Family, I
          have
          > put
          > > my research on the web at:
          > > http://www.carolynmorrisey.com
          > >
          > > Cheers
          > > Carolyn
        • rayhennessy
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 15, 2004
            Carolyn

            We have only just joined the group so this is new to us.
            Are you interested in someone born & lived in Methlick for your register?

            We have a William [was Wilson] IRONSIDE, died over the Somme.
            He was orginally in the Gordon Highlanders but died in the AFC.
            We guess he transferred to the flying corps sometime in 1916/7.
            He was aged 34 which seems old to be flying those feeble planes.
            We'd assumed the pilots were gung-ho youngsters.
            The average active pilot's life was as little as 3 days at that time.
            Still, William doesn't seem to have been married so at least he
            didn't leave a bereft and dependant family behind.

            If you want we can let you have details of his burial.
            It is recorded at the War Graves Commission website:
            http://www.cwgc.org/cwgcinternet/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=35404

            Regards

            Sheena & Ray Hennessy
            Reading Berkshire UK
            [anesfhs # 13148]

            [outgoing messages virus checked by Symantec]

            > As a result of some research I was doing on Peterhead relatives who
            > died in WWI, I have acquired quite a few names of other soldiers,
            > born in Peterhaed or nearby, which I am happy to send on to anyone
            > who may be interested.
            > The information consists of Name; Service number; where born; where
            > enlisted; date of death; theatre of war where died (this is very
            > general ie "France & Flanders");Cause of death (again very general
            > eg "Killed in action/"died of Wounds" etc); Name of Regiment/unit;
            > place of burial/memorial; and in about 30 percent of cases, age and
            > the name of next of kin.
            > I have about 300 names - too many to list here. If anyone is
            > interested I will forward the file (Excel).
            > I would also be interested to hear from anyone who may have any
            > information on Peterhead relatives etc who died in this War.
            >
            > In addition, if anyone has any interest in the Baird Family, I have
            put
            > my research on the web at:
            > http://www.carolynmorrisey.com
            >
            > Cheers
            > Carolyn

          • Ed Campbell
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 24, 2004
              Hello Carolyn:

              I would be interested in receiving a copy of subject at your convenience.

              Thanks,

              Ed. Campbell