Re: Elricks in Peterhead

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 1998
      Hi Shirley,

      Shirley Elrick wrote:
      > I would greatly appreciate any reference you could give me for any ELRICK in
      > 1841/51 census index. I have not even looked at the census film for
      > Peterhead yet. I have only done St Nicholas and Old Deer.

      Peterhead 1851 census
      District 6, page 17, No.92, 1 Union Street
      Mary Elrick, Wife of Head, mar, 55, St.Fergus, Banffshire

      District 13, page 23, No.119, Kirk Street
      Margaret Elrick, head, 75, Peterhead

      District 16, page 10, No.27, Couplandhill
      Ann Gamack, head, 59, Rathen
      Jess Gamack, dau, 28, Fraserburgh
      Ann Gamack, dau, 26, Fraserburgh
      Christian Jamieson, gdau, 12, Longside
      John Elrick, gson, 10, Longside
      Alanrice Webster, gson, 6, Longside
      Jamima Gamack, gdau, 4, Longside
      James Gamack, gson, 1, Aberdeen

      When I transcribed the census for indexing I didn't always record:
      condition, profession or Blind/Deaf & Dumb columns.

      Regards, Wade.
    • Shirley Elrick
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 1998
        Wade, many thanks. I will be updating the record this coming weekend.

        If you ever have any projects in mind that would require assistance, please
        ask me to be involved.

        Shirley Elrick in Melbourne, Australia.
        Email = shirley_elrick@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26, 1998
          Hi Shirley,

          > Wade, many thanks. I will be updating the record this coming weekend.

          Here are some more to update, from Peterhead OPR:
          6/9/1818 John Elrick, banker in Peterhead, had a son baptised and named
          Alexander Macarlney, before John and Adam Elrick.

          29/10/1820 John Elrick, bank-agent in Peterhead, had a son baptised and
          named Thomas Taylor, before John Kilgour and John Elrick junr.

          These were in table form:
          Date, child, father, profession, residence, witnesses
          9/7/1822, Alexander, William Elrick, ship-carpenter, Peterhead, Robert
          Ogston & George Ried
          15/9/1822, James, John Elrick, Banker, Peterhead, John Kilgour & Gilbert
          Alexander Jr.
          23/6/1823, Elizabeth, William Elrick, Ship-carpenter, Peterhead, George
          Reid & (blank).
          27/11/1825, William, William Elrick, carpenter, Peterhead, John Logan &
          George Reid.
          21/7/1829, Jean, William Elrick, carpenter, Peterhead, John Joss &
          George Milne.
          24/12/1830, Alexander, Alexander Elrick, coachman, Peterhead, Paul
          Drummond & John Law.

          Some marriages:
          16/12/1821 William Lawrence, sailor and Elizabeth Elrick both in
          Peterhead
          2/3/1822 George Lunan, ship-carpenter and Isabel Elrick both in
          Peterhead
          10/3/1824 William Elrick, ship-carpenter and Mary Hutchison both in
          Peterhead
          23/12/1824 John Hird, sailor and Elizabeth Elrick both in Peterhead

          > If you ever have any projects in mind that would require assistance, please
          > ask me to be involved.

          I only ask that when ever you or anyone else here are looking at records
          and you see a reference to Peterhead, that you let others on the mailing
          list know about it.

          Some projects I'm currently working on (Peterhead Only):
          Have transcribed and indexed the 1851 census, only needs checking.
          Transcribing and indexing deaths 1855-1875 and 1881 (these are filmed by
          LDS), about a 1/3 completed.
          Transcribing and indexing Peterhead Crew Agreements (Peterhead born
          only).
          I started collecting lair records, this will be harder now that they
          charge 23.50 pounds, will now only get them from people who have them
          for their ancestors.
          I also keep a database of Peterhead researchers and their interests.

          Regards, Wade.
        • Shirley Elrick
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 1998
            Wade - I have only just entered up these records you so kindly sent me. I
            was able to 'marry' up some of the birth parents. I now have a few less
            Alexander and William ELRICKs.

            I will certainly keep my eye open for Peterhead info.