Longside/Peterhead families GRAY GEDDIE WISELY WATT

  • rayhennessy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2004
      Hello Peterhead

      We are new to this group so here is our interest.

      Sheena has family in Aberdeenshire.
      Her mother was born in Longside in 1906.
      And her grandmother was also born there in 1867.

      The maternal great-grandparents in this line were

      Malcolm GRAY b Longside Jun 17 1846, died Longside Nov 24 1912.
      Janet WISELY b Peterhead about 1844, died Longside pre 1912, ?pre 1899.
      They were married on Dec 14 1966 in Longside.

      Malcolm GRAY's parents were
      John GRAY b c. 1782, d Dec 15 1857 Longside
      Jane GEDDIE or GEDDES b c.1800 Longside, d Dec 19 1885, Longside

      Janet WISELY's parents were
      James WISELY b Rathen c.1809/10, d Aug 13 1857 Peterhead, aged 52 at 54 Longate Street.
      Mary WATT b c 1812, d Mar 6 1848 Longside aged 35
      They were married Feb 25 1839 in Peterhead.

      Anyone researching these lines?
      We'd love to hear from you.

      Sheena & Ray Hennessy
      Reading Berkshire UK
      [anesfhs # 13148]

      [outgoing messages virus checked by Symantec]
    • Sharon Inkster
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2004
        Hi Sheena & Ray,
        I have a James Wisely and Mary Watt in my family tree. His second wife was
        Margaret Geddes, they married on July 10,1849 in Peterhead and had three
        children that I know of Jemima, Ann and John all born in Longside.
        Love to hear from you
        Sharon