Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead deaths in WWI

  • Betty Holmes
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 5, 2004
      Hi Carolyn, I would also like to receive your WW 1 file. Betty.
    • 2Barbara Croker
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 9, 2004
        Yes, please Carolyn, I would love to have a copy of these 300 or so
        servicemen and their details. Regards, Barbara
        Please send to barbcroker@...
        Thanks very much

        >From: Carolyn Morrisey <carolyn.morrisey@...>
        >To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Peterhead] Peterhead deaths in WWI
        >Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:42:09 +1000
        >
        >As a result of some research I was doing on Peterhead relatives who
        >died in WWI, I have acquired quite a few names of other soldiers, born
        >in Peterhaed or nearby, which I am happy to send on to anyone who may
        >be interested.
        >The information consists of Name; Service number; where born; where
        >enlisted; date of death; theatre of war where died (this is very
        >general ie "France & Flanders");Cause of death (again very general
        >eg "Killed in action/"died of Wounds" etc); Name of Regiment/unit;
        >place of burial/memorial; and in about 30 percent of cases, age and the
        >name of next of kin.
        >I have about 300 names - too many to list here. If anyone is
        >interested I will forward the file (Excel).
        >I would also be interested to hear from anyone who may have any
        >information on Peterhead relatives etc who died in this War.
        >
        >In addition, if anyone has any interest in the Baird Family, I have put
        >my research on the web at:
        >http://www.carolynmorrisey.com
        >
        >Cheers
        >Carolyn

        Get Extra Storage in 10MB, 25MB, 50MB and 100MB options now! Go to
        http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-au&page=hotmail/es2
      • Sheryl Messier
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 9, 2004
          Yes, please Carolyn, I would very much appreciate a copy of these 300 or so
          servicemen and their details.
          Please send to sheryl_messier@...

          Thanks so much

          > Yes, please Carolyn, I would love to have a copy of these 300 or so
          > servicemen and their details. Regards, Barbara
          > Please send to barbcroker@...
          > Thanks very much
          >
          > >From: Carolyn Morrisey <carolyn.morrisey@...>
          > >To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [Peterhead] Peterhead deaths in WWI
          > >Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:42:09 +1000
          > >
          > >As a result of some research I was doing on Peterhead relatives who
          > >died in WWI, I have acquired quite a few names of other soldiers, born
          > >in Peterhaed or nearby, which I am happy to send on to anyone who may
          > >be interested.
          > >The information consists of Name; Service number; where born; where
          > >enlisted; date of death; theatre of war where died (this is very
          > >general ie "France & Flanders");Cause of death (again very general
          > >eg "Killed in action/"died of Wounds" etc); Name of Regiment/unit;
          > >place of burial/memorial; and in about 30 percent of cases, age and the
          > >name of next of kin.
          > >I have about 300 names - too many to list here. If anyone is
          > >interested I will forward the file (Excel).
          > >I would also be interested to hear from anyone who may have any
          > >information on Peterhead relatives etc who died in this War.
          > >
          > >In addition, if anyone has any interest in the Baird Family, I have put
          > >my research on the web at:
          > >http://www.carolynmorrisey.com
          > >
          > >Cheers
          > >Carolyn

          > Get Extra Storage in 10MB, 25MB, 50MB and 100MB options now! Go to
          > http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-au&page=hotmail/es2

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • aclubb2004
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 11, 2004
            Carolyn

            Can I jump on the bandwagon and take advantage of your offer by
            sending me your spreadsheet of WW1 names?

            Thanks
            Alan
            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Morrisey
            <carolyn.morrisey@l...> wrote:
            > As a result of some research I was doing on Peterhead relatives who
            > died in WWI, I have acquired quite a few names of other soldiers,
            born
            > in Peterhaed or nearby, which I am happy to send on to anyone who
            may
            > be interested.
            > The information consists of Name; Service number; where born; where
            > enlisted; date of death; theatre of war where died (this is very
            > general ie "France & Flanders");Cause of death (again very general
            > eg "Killed in action/"died of Wounds" etc); Name of Regiment/unit;
            > place of burial/memorial; and in about 30 percent of cases, age and
            the
            > name of next of kin.
            > I have about 300 names - too many to list here. If anyone is
            > interested I will forward the file (Excel).
            > I would also be interested to hear from anyone who may have any
            > information on Peterhead relatives etc who died in this War.
            >
            > In addition, if anyone has any interest in the Baird Family, I have
            put
            > my research on the web at:
            > http://www.carolynmorrisey.com
            >
            > Cheers
            > Carolyn
          • moresmall
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 11, 2004
              Carolyn
              I too would love a copy of your WW1 list, I have recently discovered
              a few of my ancestors died during this time. Thanks - Maureen, New
              Zealand.

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "aclubb2004" <a.clubb@v...> wrote:
              > Carolyn
              >
              > Can I jump on the bandwagon and take advantage of your offer by
              > sending me your spreadsheet of WW1 names?
              >
              > Thanks
              > Alan
              > --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Morrisey
              > <carolyn.morrisey@l...> wrote:
              > > As a result of some research I was doing on Peterhead relatives
              who
              > > died in WWI, I have acquired quite a few names of other soldiers,
              > born
              > > in Peterhaed or nearby, which I am happy to send on to anyone who
              > may
              > > be interested.
              > > The information consists of Name; Service number; where born;
              where
              > > enlisted; date of death; theatre of war where died (this is very
              > > general ie "France & Flanders");Cause of death (again very
              general
              > > eg "Killed in action/"died of Wounds" etc); Name of
              Regiment/unit;
              > > place of burial/memorial; and in about 30 percent of cases, age
              and
              > the
              > > name of next of kin.
              > > I have about 300 names - too many to list here. If anyone is
              > > interested I will forward the file (Excel).
              > > I would also be interested to hear from anyone who may have any
              > > information on Peterhead relatives etc who died in this War.
              > >
              > > In addition, if anyone has any interest in the Baird Family, I
              have
              > put
              > > my research on the web at:
              > > http://www.carolynmorrisey.com
              > >
              > > Cheers
              > > Carolyn
            • rayhennessy
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 15, 2004
                Carolyn

                We have only just joined the group so this is new to us.
                Are you interested in someone born & lived in Methlick for your register?

                We have a William [was Wilson] IRONSIDE, died over the Somme.
                He was orginally in the Gordon Highlanders but died in the AFC.
                We guess he transferred to the flying corps sometime in 1916/7.
                He was aged 34 which seems old to be flying those feeble planes.
                We'd assumed the pilots were gung-ho youngsters.
                The average active pilot's life was as little as 3 days at that time.
                Still, William doesn't seem to have been married so at least he
                didn't leave a bereft and dependant family behind.

                If you want we can let you have details of his burial.
                It is recorded at the War Graves Commission website:
                http://www.cwgc.org/cwgcinternet/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=35404

                Regards

                Sheena & Ray Hennessy
                Reading Berkshire UK
                [anesfhs # 13148]

                [outgoing messages virus checked by Symantec]

                > As a result of some research I was doing on Peterhead relatives who
                > died in WWI, I have acquired quite a few names of other soldiers,
                > born in Peterhaed or nearby, which I am happy to send on to anyone
                > who may be interested.
                > The information consists of Name; Service number; where born; where
                > enlisted; date of death; theatre of war where died (this is very
                > general ie "France & Flanders");Cause of death (again very general
                > eg "Killed in action/"died of Wounds" etc); Name of Regiment/unit;
                > place of burial/memorial; and in about 30 percent of cases, age and
                > the name of next of kin.
                > I have about 300 names - too many to list here. If anyone is
                > interested I will forward the file (Excel).
                > I would also be interested to hear from anyone who may have any
                > information on Peterhead relatives etc who died in this War.
                >
                > In addition, if anyone has any interest in the Baird Family, I have
                put
                > my research on the web at:
                > http://www.carolynmorrisey.com
                >
                > Cheers
                > Carolyn

              • Ed Campbell
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 24, 2004
                  Hello Carolyn:

                  I would be interested in receiving a copy of subject at your convenience.

                  Thanks,

                  Ed. Campbell