Re: [Peterhead] Bruces in Boddam

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2004
      Hi Elizabeth,

      1851 Peterhead Census
      District 19, Page 8, No.20, Sandford hill
      William Bruce, head, mar, 46, Farmer of 20 Acres, Peterhead
      Catherine Bruce, wife, 44, Farmer's wife, Old Machar
      Catherine Bruce, daughter, 13, scholar, Peterhead
      Grisel Bruce, daughter, 9, scholar, Peterhead
      Mary Bruce, daughter, 7, scholar, Peterhead
      James Bruce, son, 2, Peterhead
      Elizabeth Bruce, daughter, 2 months, Peterhead

      1865 Peterhead Marriages
      No.32, 3 June 1865 The Manse, Church of Scotland, John Willox, farm servant,
      bachelor, aged 24, Downiehills, parents: Alexander Willox, farm servant and
      Elizabeth Willox ms Milne (dead) married to Grace Bruce, spinster, aged 23
      Den-end of Boddam, parents: Wiliam Bruce, Crofter and Catherine Bruce ms
      Rae, witnesses: Edward Fraser and Thomas Gray.

      1872 Peterhead Deaths
      No.44, William Bruce, farmer married to Catherine Rae, died 26/02/1872 8h PM
      at Denend of Boddam, male, aged 67 years, parents: Alexander Bruce, farmer
      (dead) and Grace Bruce ms Robertson (dead), cause: Cardiac Dropsy months,
      informant: James Bruce, son, present, inmate.