Re: [Peterhead] Bruces in Boddam

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2004
      Hi Elizabeth,
      Welcome to the group.
      I'm not related to your family but I had a quick look on Ancestry and found these entries to a farmer with the name William Bruce living at Denend of Invernettie.
      Good luck,
      Catherine.

      William Bruce, farmer, Denend of Invernettie had a dau born baptised 19-3-1844 and named Mary, before James Paul and George maitland.
      (It could be presumed Mary was born 9-2-1844 and baptised 18 or 19-3-1844) that was on the entry.

      William Bruce, farmer at Denend of Invernettie and Catherine Rae his wife, a son, Adam, born 22-3-1847 baptised 12-4-1847 before James Rob?? and ????????

      William Bruce, farmer in Denend a dau Grizel, born 2-2-1842 baptised 23-2-1842 before James Bruce and James Robertson.

      William Bruce, farmer in Denend of Invernettie a dau Catherine baptised 21-7-1837 before Alexander and Adam Bruce.

      William Bruce, farmer in Invernettie a dau Jean baptised 19-3-1835 before Alexander and Adam Bruce.

      William Bruce, farmer in Denend of Invernettie a son Peter born 24-2-1840 baptised 5-3-1840 before James Bruce and James Robertson.

      William Bruce, farmer in Invernettie had a son Alexander baptised 29-4-1833 before James and Adam Bruce.

      William Bruce, farmer Denend of Invernettie and Catherine Rae his wife a dau Elizabeth born 27-1-1851 baptised 12-2-1851 before James Robertson and Robert Gavin.

      William Bruce, crofter in Denend of Invernettie and Catherine Rae his wife a son James born 17-12-1848 baptised 15-1-1852 before James Robertson and Robert Gavin.

      This entry was in the same place, could be relatives to William and Catherine.
      Charles Foreman, farm servant in Denend of Invernettie and Christian Bruce his wife a son William born 8-12-1850 baptised 5-1-1851 before William Bruce and James Kelman.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2004
        Hi Elizabeth,

        1851 Peterhead Census
        District 19, Page 8, No.20, Sandford hill
        William Bruce, head, mar, 46, Farmer of 20 Acres, Peterhead
        Catherine Bruce, wife, 44, Farmer's wife, Old Machar
        Catherine Bruce, daughter, 13, scholar, Peterhead
        Grisel Bruce, daughter, 9, scholar, Peterhead
        Mary Bruce, daughter, 7, scholar, Peterhead
        James Bruce, son, 2, Peterhead
        Elizabeth Bruce, daughter, 2 months, Peterhead

        1865 Peterhead Marriages
        No.32, 3 June 1865 The Manse, Church of Scotland, John Willox, farm servant,
        bachelor, aged 24, Downiehills, parents: Alexander Willox, farm servant and
        Elizabeth Willox ms Milne (dead) married to Grace Bruce, spinster, aged 23
        Den-end of Boddam, parents: Wiliam Bruce, Crofter and Catherine Bruce ms
        Rae, witnesses: Edward Fraser and Thomas Gray.

        1872 Peterhead Deaths
        No.44, William Bruce, farmer married to Catherine Rae, died 26/02/1872 8h PM
        at Denend of Boddam, male, aged 67 years, parents: Alexander Bruce, farmer
        (dead) and Grace Bruce ms Robertson (dead), cause: Cardiac Dropsy months,
        informant: James Bruce, son, present, inmate.