HAY family

  • cunningham
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 1999
      Hello,

      I am new to this Peterhead site.

      My husband is descended from John HAY and Jane WATT who were married
      October 13, 1832 at Cruden, Scotland. John HAY was the son of John HAY and
      Mary PHILLIPS who were married December 12, 1793 also at Cruden.

      John and Jane HAY were listed on the 1881 Census as Retired Fisherman
      residing at Cruden. Jane HAY nee WATT was listed as being born in
      Peterhead circa 1813.

      They had the following children.

      1. Jane HAY
      Bpt. 10Nov1833
      D.

      2. Mary HAY M. Charles Gordon BUCHAN
      Bpt. 7Aug1835 Bpt. 29Aub1837
      D. 18Jun1898 D.
      (listed on 1881 Census at 75 Ronheads, Peterhead)

      3. John HAY M. Barbara PHILIP
      B. 18Mar1837 B.
      D. D.
      M. Jean RIACH
      B. 1845
      D.

      4. Margaret HAY M.29Apr1863 Peter STEPHEN
      B. 8Apr1839 B.
      D. D. pre1881
      (listed on 1881 Census at 417 Maiden St, Peterhead. Come to Australia pre
      1890)

      5. Sarah HAY M.17Mar1870 John Pratt CORDINER
      B. 2Mar1841 B.10Sep1843
      D. 28Sep1935 D.
      (listed on 1881 Census at Stephens Building Peterhead. Been able to take
      CORDINER tree back a further 5 generations. All their children were born
      at Peterhead.)

      6. Isabella HAY M.22.10.1869 William HUTCHINSON
      B. 22Feb1843 B.1841
      D. D.
      (Isabella and William were married at Peterhead. Children were all born
      there. Listed on the 1881 census as residing E-45, Peterhead.)

      7. Robert HAY M. Mary SUMMERS
      B. 2Mar1845 B.1843
      D. D.

      8. Helen HAY
      B. 26Jun1847
      D. 15Jun1931

      9. William HAY M.8Jan1873 Catherine FRASER
      B. 15Aug1849 B.1849
      D. 21Mar1927 D.23Feb1944
      (Came to Western Australia with their children circa 1888.)

      10. Alexander HAY
      B. 17May1852
      D. 25May1919

      11. James HAY M.17Dec1880 Elspet Ann GEDDES
      B. 17Jul1854 B.17Mar1859
      D. 24Mar1928 D.11Apr1901

      I hope this sheds a little bit of light on my area of research.

      I am in Western Australia quite a way from this area I am researching.

      Debbie,
      Perth, Western Australia.
    • ljthom2003
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10 7:57 PM
        Hi Debbie,

        I was doing a search in this group looking for William Hay & Catherine
        Fraser and came across the following
        ------------

        > My husband is descended from John HAY and Jane WATT who were married
        > October 13, 1832 at Cruden, Scotland. John HAY was the son of John
        HAY and

        > 9. William HAY M.8Jan1873 Catherine FRASER
        > B. 15Aug1849 B.1849
        > D. 21Mar1927 D.23Feb1944
        > (Came to Western Australia with their children circa 1888.)

        I am looking into this tree for a friend Peter Hay and this is his
        line. Perhaps you can help me. He has just started his family tree so
        pretty much everything is new to him.

        Thanks
        Lyn