Re: Wood

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21 10:49 PM
      Hi Marlene,

      I didn't transcribe many of the 1876 deaths, only indexed while in Edinburgh a few years ago on a trip. You can get them from the Scotlandspeople web site now though.

      No.142, Elspet Wood married to William Wood, Shipcarpenter Portnockie, widow of George Pirie fisherman, died 16/09/1869 Noon at 1 Errol Street, Peterhead, female, aged 63 years, parents: William Priest, fisherman (dead) and Margaret Priest ms Wood (dead), cause: Asthma, informant: Alexander Priest?, son (by 1st marriage), present.

      No.110, Elspeth Wood (Widow of James Wood, fisherman), died 12/06/1909 9h 30m pm at 17 Longate Peterhead, female, aged 61 years, parents: Alexander Wood, fisherman (deceased) and Barbara Wood ms Wood (deceased), cause: degeneration of heart, unknown, general dropsy 2 months, informant: Harriet Bennett, Grand-daughter, 14 Wallace Street, Peterhead.

      No.54, 14/10/1865 The Manse, Church of Scotland, George Tait, fisherman, bachelor, aged 20, Roneheads, parents: Andrew Tait, fisherman (dead) and Helen Tait ms Mair, married to Ann Wood, her x mark, spinster, aged 23, Roneheads, parents: Alexander Wood, fisherman and Barbara Wood ms Wood, witnesses: Alexander Buchan and John Buchan.