Re: [Peterhead] Wade, FARQUHAR/PATERSON

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 21, 2004
      Hi Catherine,

      I know the last two are the same. The OPR gives Rettie not Kettie. They can be found in the 1851 Census with children Margaret aged 5, William aged 3 and Catherine aged 1. Both William Patterson aged 33 and Margaret Rettie/Rennie aged 26 are born in Macduff, Banffshire. They married 27/09/1845 in Gamrie, Ban.

      I checked the originals on OPR and found some important information left out from what you had.

      1847 12th October William Paterson, Cooper in Peterhead and Bessy Gray had a daughter born (in fornication) 11th August - baptised and named Catherine Farquhar, before Alexander Matthew and Hector Gray (232/1 Vol 4 Page 281).

      So my assumptions are we have two William Paterson, Coopers. William Paterson born 1818c from Macduff married to Margaret Rettie and the other William Paterson born 1826c parents William Paterson and Janet Farquhar who had a child in fornication with Bessy Gray in 1847 and then married Janet Matthew in 1851.

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 21, 2004
        Hi Wade,
        Many thanks for figuring this one out.
        I have Catherine Farquhar Peterson's death cert and she has William Patterson (Cooper) and Bessy Gray as her parents.

        Best wishes,
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor