Re: [Peterhead] Seamans tickets

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004
      Hi Fiona,

      From Peterhead OPR (Deaths):
      21 August 1851 Robert Stephen Bodom aged 85
      4 September 1852 Robert Stephen from Bodom aged 50
      16 August 1854 Robert Stephen Bodom aged 10

      These are the only Robert Stephens between the 1851 census and 1855.

      I have a Seaman's ticket for Robert Stephen born 3 March 1801 Boddam, he was a fisherman.

      Just a note, not all the Fisherman fished the whole year round, some can be found whaling or on trading boats. Those that actually fished the whole year, are harder to find because they didn't record a lot of the crew agreements for fishing boats