Re: Elrick

  • Jim & Margrit Whittome
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 1998
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
      To: Peterhead@onelist.com <Peterhead@onelist.com>
      Date: Sunday, September 20, 1998 3:29 AM
      Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Elrick

      >> My requests are: Any information on any connections with ELRICKs. Look
      ups
      >> in the 1891 census (I have the Enumerator districts, sections and page
      >> numbers).
      >
      >Hopefully someone less will answer this. I don't think the LDS have
      >filmed these yet?

      The 1891 census is available at the LDS on microfilm, the
      same as the 1841 to 1881 census. On the computer go to Family History
      Library
      Catalogue, type in the name of the parish in Locality Search and under
      census should
      be the number for the 1891 census. The 1891 census might not be in the
      microfiche Catalogue. For 1891 Peterhead, Parish 232/1 the LDS number is
      0208686. The computer catalogue doesn't show this - for the area surrounding
      Peterhead, Parish 232/2 the number is 0208687.

      Wade; I don't know where you are in Australia but the Auckland and Sydney
      FHC are supposed to have 0208686 on permanent loan.

      Jim Whittome
      Victoria, BC, Canada
      whittome@...
    • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 1999
        Shirley, Thank you for tomorrows e-mail! [in N.S. it is still the
        25th.@7.16 P.M.] As you say we had corresponded on these people before,
        but I didn't have any record of the 2 christenings you mention. As I
        find out more on the Bruces I will let you know, or if I come across
        anything more on the Elricks. Thank you, Betty.