Peterhead Marriages

  • Betty Holmes
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2004
      Wade, May I have the detals please of the following marriages:-

      Georgina Cow 1856
      Grace Cow 1869
      &
      James Cow 1868.
      Thank you very much. Betty.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2004
        Hi Betty,

        No.8, 07/02/1856, Church of Scotland, John Webster, aged 23, Longate, Mariner, bachelor, parents: John Webster, Mariner (deceased) and Mary Webster ms Duff (deceased) married to Georgina Cow, aged 18, Longate, spinster, parents: George Cow, Joiner and Margaret Cow ms Grant, witnesses: John Lawrance and James Bruce.

        No.31, 11/7/1869 Seagate, Episcopal Church, Robert Fairweather, Seaman, bachelor, aged 26, Crooked Lane, parents: George Fairweather, Labourer and Ann Fairweather ms Bell married to Grace Cow, spinister, aged 21, Crooked Lane, parents: George Cow, Joiner (deceased) and Margaret Cow ms Grant, witnesses: Joan Hood and Mary Booth.

        No.16, 23/02/1868, Seagate, Church of Scotland, James Cow, Seaman, bachelor, aged 27, Crooked Lane, parents: George Cow, Joiner and Margaret Cow ms Grant married to Margaret Matthew, spinister, aged 38, Seagate, parents: Alexander Matthew, Ship Carpenter (dead) and Margaret Matthew ms Robertson (dead), witnesses: James Herd and Robert Fairweather.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2004
          Hi Wade,
          Could I have any additional info you have for James Mitchell and Elizabeth Robertson, married July 14,1856, Peterhead.
          I believe this could be a son of James Mitchell and Margaret Byres.
          Thank You in advance.
          Sharon