Re: [Peterhead] Help required dating Buchanhaven photo

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2004
      Hi Sylvia,

      I do now. I haven't linked it to any of the Peterhead pages, but use the link below to see the photo.

      http://users.bigpond.net.au/phdgen/bhavenmen.html

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 22, 2004
        Hi Andy,
        I would love to hear Bill Nicol's recording of the Peterhead Cemetary
        gravestones, when you have finished it. How can you share this - is it
        possible, with you I'm assuming, in the U.K. and me in sunny ('hot!') Lake
        Macquarie, Australia.
        Regards, Barbara

        >From: "andy_auk" <andy@...>
        >To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Help required dating Buchanhaven photo
        >Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 14:31:08 -0000
        >
        >Hi Wade -
        >
        >I may be able to help with some of the tee-names. I have a 'map'
        >somewhere that Bill Nicol gave me some years before he died and on it
        >he drew a sketch of the village and wrote down all the tee-names he
        >could remember. Using the 1891 and 1901 census', we could have a good
        >stab at finding out the proper names. I have actually done this but
        >as you know, I have not spent much time on genealogy since Bill died.
        >
        >Interestingly, I have loads of original notes which Bill made over
        >the years and he and I used to exchange info very regularly. I came
        >across some cassette tapes containing a narrative of Bill walking
        >round Peterhead Cemetery and recording the grave stones ontp tape. I
        >have often thought this would be good to transfer onto DVD and have
        >it available for members if not for the actually info but to hear
        >hear Bill's voice in the lovely doric.
        >
        >I'll make a wee start again and let you know how I get on.
        >
        >Kind regards
        >
        >Andy Anderson.
        >

        >-- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Wade Buchan" <wsb@b...> wrote:
        > > Hi All,
        > >
        > > I'm trying to date a group photo of some men taken in front of the
        >Buchanhaven pier. I think it was taken between 1920 to 1944.
        > >
        > > Can anyone tell who these people are? Family?
        > >
        > > "Dads" Strachan
        > > "Sovreign" I think this is Robert Bruce, lived in Well Street,
        >wife "Kitty Doo" (don't know ages)
        > > Jake Lyon
        > > "Doddieky" Big Jim Strachan
        > > "Dall's Bob"
        > > "Dooe's Aikie's" wife's sister
        > > Dick Bruce (this is Dickson Comrie Bruce born 1866 died 1944)
        > > "Boggies Donald"
        > > Charlie Baird
        > > Fittie's Williamy (this is William Buchan born 1867 died 1947, my
        >Great Grandfather)
        > > Boddam Isies Jim
        > >
        > > Regards, Wade.

        SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here
        http://ninemsn.seek.com.au/