Re: Margaret Shewan Nicol - 1851 census

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2004
      Hi Lesley,

      Not sure if this is yours.
      District 3, Page 10, No.30, Rose Street
      Margaret Nicol, visitor, wid, 66, Longside
      Thomas Nicol, son, unmar, 26, Ship Carpenter, Peterhead

      Head of House is Alexander Mackenzie, age 39, Flesher from Rosshire

      Her age was given as 76 on the death certificate, so the census matches her age. Her birth is actually 23/10/1784 Longside parents: Alexander Shewan and Mary Smith (from IGI). Parents match given on death certificate.