census 1841 Peterhead

  • Gweneth Myers
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13 6:43 AM
      G'day Wade,
      Thanks for the information on the 1851 census for Peter McKenzie. You said he was 19 yrs at the time of the 1851 census which differs from other information I have relating to his age. I have been unable to establish his parents or get a birth certificate for him yet and he appears to have disappeared from 1875 from Australia. I estimated he should have been born 1826/1827 according to his children's birth certificates in Victoria, which would have put him at 25 not 19. Accuracy was not a strong point in this family as the children's birth certificates also state his marriage as 1854 and it was actually 1852 on the marriage certificate. Do you have access to the 1841 census and if so would you mind looking him up, keeping in mind he could have been any age from 9 to 15 years. He was living away from his parents in 1851 in Princes Street.
      Regards
      Gweneth Myers,
      Melb. Au.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13 7:36 PM
        Hi Gweneth,

        I only have a couple of sections of the 1841 census, mainly Buchanhaven and the men at sea. Since you are in Melbourne, the GSV in the city hold the complete set of 1841 Census for Scotland on film or can be ordered through any LDS Family History Centre.