Re: [Peterhead] Barclay & Thomson

  • Margaret Hector
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2004
      For DeLories
      Thank you for replying.
      The Barclays I am looking for originated in Drumblade and moved to Huntly around 1770. Robert Barclay married Margaret Thomson in 1795. At the moment I am compiling a list all the Barclays I have for that period in family groups in an effort to work out who is who. As yet I don't know who Margaret Thomson's parents were. It seems that there was a mass exodus from Huntly around 1840. I don't know where they went, so it thought it was worth a posting.
      Perhaps someone might have roots that go back to this lot of Barclays.
      Take care
      Margaret.