Barclay & Thomson

  • JDVon@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2004
      To: Margaret
      These are the names that I have prior to 1850:
      Barclay:
      Agnes b 1842
      Alexander b 1850
      Isabella b 1848
      Margaret b 1845
      Peter b abt 1818 married to Ann Cheyne
      William b 1844

      Thomson:
      Alexander b abt 1795 married Christian Henderson
      Alexander b 1823
      Andrew b 1839
      Catherine b abt 1806
      Christian b 1835
      Elizabeth b 1831
      George b 1829
      Helen b 1822
      Isabel b 1827
      James b 1821
      John b abt 1775
      William b 1826 d aft 1891 married to Barbara Gray. He may have been married
      prior, to a Martha Davidson.
      Please let me know what else I can provide.
      DeLories
      Websites: www.tribalpages.com/tribes/cheyne
      or www.tribalpages.com/tribes/deloriesvaughn

    • Margaret Hector
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2004
        For DeLories
        Thank you for replying.
        The Barclays I am looking for originated in Drumblade and moved to Huntly around 1770. Robert Barclay married Margaret Thomson in 1795. At the moment I am compiling a list all the Barclays I have for that period in family groups in an effort to work out who is who. As yet I don't know who Margaret Thomson's parents were. It seems that there was a mass exodus from Huntly around 1840. I don't know where they went, so it thought it was worth a posting.
        Perhaps someone might have roots that go back to this lot of Barclays.
        Take care
        Margaret.
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor