Re: [Peterhead] Skene

  • colin collie
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2004
      Hi Sharon,
      The Skene's were a noble family they were originally traced back to the time
      of Malcom Canmore although things back then are very sketchy seems that was
      when the were given their coat of arms the next thing I have is 1296 when
      John de Skene and his son Patrick swore lealtie to Edward King of England
      but by the time of the Battle of Bannockburn occured it was Robert who was
      granted a charter after the battle.And goes back from there.
      My line is with Marjorie but that was in 1628 there is a Skene on web site
      if you go to to a search engine
      All the best
      Colin