Re: [Peterhead] Skene

  • Sharon Inkster
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hi Colin,
      All I have on the Skene's so far is;

      Elspet Skene 1781 Blair, Fintray she was the third wife of Robert Ogston
      They were married June 19,1803 in Cruden

      Elspet father was John Skene.
      Other possible siblings are;
      Anne 1783, Arthur 1785 m: Mary Coe, Andrew 1787 and Sarah 1789

      Sharon
    • colin collie
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
        Hi Sharon
        Skene's started with me in 1628 when marjorie skeene married Patrick Whyte
        ,if you want a copy
        I could send you a gedcom file
        All the best
        Colin

        >From: Sharon Inkster <firestorm2@...>
        >To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] Skene
        >Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:43:56 -0700
        >
        >Hi Colin,
        >All I have on the Skene's so far is;
        >
        >Elspet Skene 1781 Blair, Fintray she was the third wife of Robert Ogston
        >They were married June 19,1803 in Cruden
        >
        >Elspet father was John Skene.
        >Other possible siblings are;
        >Anne 1783, Arthur 1785 m: Mary Coe, Andrew 1787 and Sarah 1789
        >
        >Sharon

      • Sharon Inkster
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
          Hi Colin,
          Yes I'd appreciate you sending me the gedcom.

          Sharon
        • colin collie
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2004
            Hi Sharon,
            The Skene's were a noble family they were originally traced back to the time
            of Malcom Canmore although things back then are very sketchy seems that was
            when the were given their coat of arms the next thing I have is 1296 when
            John de Skene and his son Patrick swore lealtie to Edward King of England
            but by the time of the Battle of Bannockburn occured it was Robert who was
            granted a charter after the battle.And goes back from there.
            My line is with Marjorie but that was in 1628 there is a Skene on web site
            if you go to to a search engine