Re: Geddes

  • LynT
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hi Sharon,

      > The lines I'm researching are Geddes, Cruden, Ogston, Skene.

      I am also researching Geddes.

      My connection is Mary Ann GEDDES who married James CLUBB and settled
      with their family in the Longside area. Their first few children were
      born in St. Fergus, Banff and later issue in Peterhead. Mary Ann died at
      6 Maiden St., Peterhead in 1882 aged 70. Her parents were John GEDDES
      and Mary PRICE who were both deceased by 1882.

      Any bells ringing? :-)
      Lyn
    • Sharon Inkster
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
        Hi Lyn,
        My Geddes line is William Geddes 1803 married 1830 in Cruden to Margaret
        Ogston.
        William's parents were John Geddes married 1802 in Cruden to Margaret
        Cruden.

        John Geddes and Margaret Cruden also had a son John bap:1798 Mains of
        Fortie, Cruden.

        It's very possible that John could have been married before or after
        Margaret Cruden, I seem to have come to a dead end on both of them.

        Sharon