Re. Smuggling

  • Shona
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2004
      Hello George,
      thanks for the information you gave.It ties in with
      what my late mother said about Bram Stoker.She always said that my
      great grandfather had met Bram Stoker when he was in Cruden Bay and
      had several conversations with him.
      My great grandfather was Andrew Duthie who lived in Cruden Bay till
      his death in 1927.

      I would love to know where the house with the crooked lum is so that
      next time I'm in the area I can search it out.

      I had relatives in the Slains area and several are buried at
      Colliston.They were fisher folk so who knows they were maybe into
      smuggling as well!

      I have already been looking for The Mystery of the Sea on the amazon
      web site and have tracked it down.Just need to save up the pocket
      money for a wee while before I purchase!

      Next visit to the Aberdeen family history I will look for the other
      book as well.

      Best Wishes, Shona