Re: [Peterhead] Robert Ogston & Helen Dunbar

  • Andrew & Pamela
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2004
      Hello Betty,

      This is not Alex of course to whom you asked the question, but I was
      unfamiliar with the term "lair" too . In the dictionary it has one or two
      meanings but one is defined as a Scottish burial ground. The "Lair" that
      Alex has written of is a plot of land bought I think by one or two families
      and where their kin may be buried. For example I know that Lair A201 is a
      plot bought by Hay and Ogston (seafaring friends I guess) and where for sure
      my GG Grandmother Williamina Ogston nee Anderson is buried (aged 40). Now
      Alex has sent that last message I know that Robert and Helen are in a Lair
      close by at A200 also owned by the same pair of seafarers.

      Good wishes from Pamela -------Original Message-------

      From: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 22:17:56
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Peterhead] Robert Ogston & Helen Dunbar

      Hi Alex-I am going to show my ignorance!! You have just sent the deah/burial
      dates of Robert Ogston & Helen Dunbar. Does this mean they died & were
      buried on the sme day? I don't really understand-what is a 'LAIR"?? Betty

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to: