Davidsons - Jim Allan

  • Sylvia / Michael Nascimben
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2004
      Jim,

      I'm very sorry this response is 4 months late. I tried to posst a response to your message a long time ago, but was unsuccessful in the posting process, then lost track of the message. I receive the Peterhead messages in digest form and try to scan all the messages, but don't have much time for communication. I still can't get it to post from the website. It seems I don't know my password. But I'll try the email method. This should work.

      Yes, I believe we are talking about the same family. Recently I read a message where your Allan database was mentioned which reminded me of your earlier message. I did some searching on your extensive Allan database and was happy to fill in many additional family members (and dates)to my family tree.

      There is one more name that my mother is sure that is another daughter of Alexander Davidson and Jane(Jean)Baird who is not listed on your site. It is Catherine(1873-1953). My mother remembers as her Great Aunt Kate.

      Regarding your question on Davidsons coming to the US - I do have two great uncles that went to Vancouver in the early 1900's. They were James Sutherland Davidson(9 May 1881 - 1959) and John McPherson Davidson(10 Oct1883 - 1966)

      We live in Williamsville, NY - near Buffalo. My husband tells me that Beacon NY is across from West Point - a beautiful area.

      Sylvia Cowe Nascimben