Robert Ogston & Helen Dunbar

  • Betty Holmes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2004
      Hi Alex-I am going to show my ignorance!! You have just sent the deah/burial dates of Robert Ogston & Helen Dunbar. Does this mean they died & were buried on the sme day? I don't really understand-what is a 'LAIR"?? Betty.

    • Andrew & Pamela
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2004
        Hello Betty,

        This is not Alex of course to whom you asked the question, but I was
        unfamiliar with the term "lair" too . In the dictionary it has one or two
        meanings but one is defined as a Scottish burial ground. The "Lair" that
        Alex has written of is a plot of land bought I think by one or two families
        and where their kin may be buried. For example I know that Lair A201 is a
        plot bought by Hay and Ogston (seafaring friends I guess) and where for sure
        my GG Grandmother Williamina Ogston nee Anderson is buried (aged 40). Now
        Alex has sent that last message I know that Robert and Helen are in a Lair
        close by at A200 also owned by the same pair of seafarers.

        Good wishes from Pamela -------Original Message-------

        From: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 22:17:56
        To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Peterhead] Robert Ogston & Helen Dunbar

        Hi Alex-I am going to show my ignorance!! You have just sent the deah/burial
        dates of Robert Ogston & Helen Dunbar. Does this mean they died & were
        buried on the sme day? I don't really understand-what is a 'LAIR"?? Betty

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to: