RE: [Peterhead] Re: MILNE any connection/knowledge?

  • 2Barbara Croker
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hi Shona,
      I'm interested in the MILNE side of your family, and the fact they were from
      the Cruden Bay area.
      But you may need to go back to the first half of the 19th century to find
      any connection. My Alexander MILNE was born around 1802 I dont know where -
      cant find his birth among the Peterhead births (is Cruden part of the
      Peterhead area?). He married Grissel (IGrace) DAVIDSON in 1827 in Peterhead
      (Her birth was also not found in the Peterhead area). They had four
      children that I know of. Margaret Milne born 1828 P'Head, Alexander b.1836,
      James b.1839 and Christian b. 1841. Christian emigrated to Australia in the
      1850's and is my great grandmother. Margaret married Alexander PORTER
      (shoemaker) (b.82 Old Deer, d.1881 P'hd). Marg. d. 1899 Peterhead.
      James MILNE m. Elizabeth Stewart in 1859 in P'hd. James and Elizabeth MILNE
      had 4 children,
      Margaret Stewart Milne b.1859,
      James b. 1864
      Eliza Jane, b. 1868
      Alexander, b. 1866
      If you or anyone else can find a connection, or has anything to add to my
      knowledge, I'd be delighted.
      Barbara

      Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here