Crighton/Crichton and Rothnie

  • Janice OKeeffe
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2003
      Hi Jim,

      I have more information for you on the Crighton's. William Crighton
      and Mary Brichen also had Peter, 1807, Methlick. He married
      Catherine Arthur in 1832. Children were Barbara 28/8/1833 d.
      21/9/1898 The Quarries Dyce, Alexander 1836, William 1838, John
      1841, Elizabeth 1843, George 1845, Catherine 1847 and Mary 1850.
      All born Methlick. Barbara Crichton married 26/11/1854 Robert
      Cruickshank born 1832 Fyvie. Children were Maria 1866 Udny, Joan
      1863 Udny, Peter 1856 Tarves, Robert 1868 Tarves, William 1859
      Tarves, Elizabeth 1863 Tarves. Joan Cruickshank married 7/6/1881
      Robert Spence. She died 14/10/1899, He died 14/10/1889. Children
      were Joan 1880, Jessie 1881, Peter 1883, Robert 1885, William 1887,
      John 1889. All were born at the Quarries Dyce. Joan Spence married
      John Alexander Jamieson on 17/7/1903. John Jamieson was born
      2/1/1878 at Shannocks Turriff. I have lots more information on
      the Jamieson's if you want it, as they are also directly connected
      to me.

      I also have a link to your Susan Rothnie. I have lots of
      information on them if you want it. She was one of 7 children. Her
      sister Ann married her first cousin John Hunter Rae, who was the son
      of James Rae and Margaret Rothnie. Margaret Rothnie was the sister
      of James Rothnie, Susan's father. They are also a direct link to
      me.

      Janice.
    • spickette
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2016
        Hello Janice,

        I hope you still look at this site.

        In your message of 22 Dec 2003 you talked about a Susan Rothnie from Methlick. I am researching anyone with the name of Rothnie as I believe they are all related. My x2 great grandfather was a James Rothnie who spent much of his life at Cairnorrie Croft in Methlick. I think he was a nephew of Susan Rothnie's father James who lived and worked not far from Cairnorrie at Brainjohn Croft. However I haven't yet found real evidence of this relationship.

        You say in your message that you are directly linked to the Brainjohn Rothnies so I would appreciate any family information that you are willing to share that may help my search.

        Thanks

        Evadne
      • Jen Wilson
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2016
          Hello Evadne

          I don't know how this has happened but although I am interested in this topic, the original post wasn't from me. It seems to have come from a Janice O'Keefe.....not my name!

          Unfortunately, whilst the Crichton family appears in my tree, the Rothnies do not and I don't have any information on them.

          Very sorry,

          Jen Wilson