Ritchies

  • Shona
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2003
      For Alex.

      Hello Alex,
      I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
      Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
      who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
      James Ritchie born 1855.
      As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
      sure if you have the right family!

      I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.

      I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it somehow
      feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!

      Best Regards
      Shona
    • moresmall
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2003
        -Hi all.

        Just to add to the Ritchie confusion, I am looking to track down my
        Ritchie's from Rosehearty, think they are another family, again. My
        GG father was Joseph Ritchie, he married Mary Ann Mitchell and had 6
        children, Alexander, Jane (my grandmother), Christine, Jessie,
        Elizabeth and Louis. Joseph's parents were John Ritchie & Ann
        Taylor, from Pitsligo, they had 10 of a family, Elizabeth, Alexander,
        Margaret, Jessie, James, Mary Jean, John, Joseph, William & George.
        Any names sound familiar to anyone, love to hear from you. Regards
        Maureen.

        -- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Shona" <luxorsun71@y...> wrote:
        > For Alex.
        >
        > Hello Alex,
        > I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
        > Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
        > who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
        > James Ritchie born 1855.
        > As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
        > sure if you have the right family!
        >
        > I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.
        >
        > I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it
        somehow
        > feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Shona
      • Alex Ritchie
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
          For Shona :

          Hi Shona,
          That's a coincidence you being in Boddam. I was up in
          Peterhead from Saturday (6th.) and came back home today !!
          Don't know where your Christian (b.1852) fits in. Who
          were her parents ?
          Ralph Reid was the step-brother of Janet Reid who
          married Robert Ritchie. Although they had the same father (William Reid),
          Janet's mother was May Strachan and Ralph's mother was Jane Foreman. Janet
          was about 15 years older than Ralph. Small World !!

          Best Regards........................Alex Ritchie

          > I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
          > Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
          > who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
          > James Ritchie born 1855.
          > As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
          > sure if you have the right family!
          >
          > I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.
          >
          > I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it somehow
          > feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!
          >
          > Best Regards
          > Shona

        • Alex Ritchie
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
            For Maureen :

            Hi Maureen,
            Rosehearty is full of Ritchies. I think that's where
            most of them originated. My Ritchies came from Inverallochy which is the
            other side of Fraserburgh from Rosehearty. I havn't found any links in my
            family tree with Rosehearty. I don't think I would have any connection with
            your Ritchies but I suppose if we could go far enough back in time there
            would probably be a link.

            Best Regards...........................Alex Ritchie