RITCHIES

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2003
      For Shona :

      For James Ritchie & Christian Duthie I have the following children :

      John Ritchie (baptised June 17th.1833 in Rathen Parish)
      ROBERT RITCHIE (baptised November 24th.1835 in Rathen Parish)
      Jean Buchan Ritchie (baptised Feb.2nd.1847 in Peterhead Parish)
      Alexander Ritchie (baptised June 15th.1857 in Peterhead Parish)

      For James Ritchie's father - John Ritchie & Margaret Duthie I have the following children :

      JAMES RITCHIE (baptised April 10th.1811)
      John Ritchie (baptised Nov.19th.1812)
      Alexander Ritchie (baptised Dec.5th.1820)
      Gilbert Ritchie (baptised Dec.5th.1820) all in Rathen Parish

      I think that the village of Inverallochy was entirely populated by Ritchies & Duthies so it's sometimes difficult to be sure
      that you have the correct person.
      They then moved to the newly-founded village of Burnhaven, and eventually into the town of Peterhead itself.

      Best Regards............................Alex Ritchie