Ritchies

  • Shona
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2003
      Hello Alex,
      as you say I have a fair bit of the family already.Have
      you got any family for James Ritchie and Christian Duthie?I just
      want to make sure I'm on the right lines and not up the wrang dreel
      as I've been before!So many Ritchies,Duthies etc.

      Best Regards,
      Shona
    • Shona
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2003
        For Alex.

        Hello Alex,
        I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
        Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
        who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
        James Ritchie born 1855.
        As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
        sure if you have the right family!

        I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.

        I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it somehow
        feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!

        Best Regards
        Shona
      • moresmall
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2003
          -Hi all.

          Just to add to the Ritchie confusion, I am looking to track down my
          Ritchie's from Rosehearty, think they are another family, again. My
          GG father was Joseph Ritchie, he married Mary Ann Mitchell and had 6
          children, Alexander, Jane (my grandmother), Christine, Jessie,
          Elizabeth and Louis. Joseph's parents were John Ritchie & Ann
          Taylor, from Pitsligo, they had 10 of a family, Elizabeth, Alexander,
          Margaret, Jessie, James, Mary Jean, John, Joseph, William & George.
          Any names sound familiar to anyone, love to hear from you. Regards
          Maureen.

          -- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Shona" <luxorsun71@y...> wrote:
          > For Alex.
          >
          > Hello Alex,
          > I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
          > Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
          > who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
          > James Ritchie born 1855.
          > As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
          > sure if you have the right family!
          >
          > I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.
          >
          > I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it
          somehow
          > feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!
          >
          > Best Regards
          > Shona
        • Alex Ritchie
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
            For Shona :

            Hi Shona,
            That's a coincidence you being in Boddam. I was up in
            Peterhead from Saturday (6th.) and came back home today !!
            Don't know where your Christian (b.1852) fits in. Who
            were her parents ?
            Ralph Reid was the step-brother of Janet Reid who
            married Robert Ritchie. Although they had the same father (William Reid),
            Janet's mother was May Strachan and Ralph's mother was Jane Foreman. Janet
            was about 15 years older than Ralph. Small World !!

            Best Regards........................Alex Ritchie

            > I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
            > Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
            > who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
            > James Ritchie born 1855.
            > As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
            > sure if you have the right family!
            >
            > I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.
            >
            > I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it somehow
            > feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!
            >
            > Best Regards
            > Shona

          • Alex Ritchie
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
              For Maureen :

              Hi Maureen,
              Rosehearty is full of Ritchies. I think that's where
              most of them originated. My Ritchies came from Inverallochy which is the
              other side of Fraserburgh from Rosehearty. I havn't found any links in my
              family tree with Rosehearty. I don't think I would have any connection with
              your Ritchies but I suppose if we could go far enough back in time there
              would probably be a link.

              Best Regards...........................Alex Ritchie