Ritchies

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2003
      For Shona :

      Hi Shona
      Sorry I can't add to what you have.
      I have only traced my imediate family line, that was through Alexander (Sandy) who died in 1922.
      But I have managed to go back the way from Robert Ritchie's father James and his father John. John being my Great-great-great-great-grandfather. I imagine you'll already have all that ?

      Best Regards....................Alex Ritchie.

    • Shona
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2003
        Hello Alex,
        as you say I have a fair bit of the family already.Have
        you got any family for James Ritchie and Christian Duthie?I just
        want to make sure I'm on the right lines and not up the wrang dreel
        as I've been before!So many Ritchies,Duthies etc.

        Best Regards,
        Shona
      • Shona
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2003
          For Alex.

          Hello Alex,
          I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
          Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
          who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
          James Ritchie born 1855.
          As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
          sure if you have the right family!

          I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.

          I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it somehow
          feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!

          Best Regards
          Shona
        • moresmall
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2003
            -Hi all.

            Just to add to the Ritchie confusion, I am looking to track down my
            Ritchie's from Rosehearty, think they are another family, again. My
            GG father was Joseph Ritchie, he married Mary Ann Mitchell and had 6
            children, Alexander, Jane (my grandmother), Christine, Jessie,
            Elizabeth and Louis. Joseph's parents were John Ritchie & Ann
            Taylor, from Pitsligo, they had 10 of a family, Elizabeth, Alexander,
            Margaret, Jessie, James, Mary Jean, John, Joseph, William & George.
            Any names sound familiar to anyone, love to hear from you. Regards
            Maureen.

            -- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Shona" <luxorsun71@y...> wrote:
            > For Alex.
            >
            > Hello Alex,
            > I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
            > Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
            > who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
            > James Ritchie born 1855.
            > As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
            > sure if you have the right family!
            >
            > I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.
            >
            > I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it
            somehow
            > feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!
            >
            > Best Regards
            > Shona
          • Alex Ritchie
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
              For Shona :

              Hi Shona,
              That's a coincidence you being in Boddam. I was up in
              Peterhead from Saturday (6th.) and came back home today !!
              Don't know where your Christian (b.1852) fits in. Who
              were her parents ?
              Ralph Reid was the step-brother of Janet Reid who
              married Robert Ritchie. Although they had the same father (William Reid),
              Janet's mother was May Strachan and Ralph's mother was Jane Foreman. Janet
              was about 15 years older than Ralph. Small World !!

              Best Regards........................Alex Ritchie

              > I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
              > Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
              > who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
              > James Ritchie born 1855.
              > As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
              > sure if you have the right family!
              >
              > I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.
              >
              > I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it somehow
              > feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!
              >
              > Best Regards
              > Shona

            • Alex Ritchie
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
                For Maureen :

                Hi Maureen,
                Rosehearty is full of Ritchies. I think that's where
                most of them originated. My Ritchies came from Inverallochy which is the
                other side of Fraserburgh from Rosehearty. I havn't found any links in my
                family tree with Rosehearty. I don't think I would have any connection with
                your Ritchies but I suppose if we could go far enough back in time there
                would probably be a link.

                Best Regards...........................Alex Ritchie