Helen Chisholm

  • usstweedy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
      Hello Group

      I'm in need of some help finding the parents of Helen Chisholm.
      Helen married William Wallace in Peterhead on 12-23-1823. In the
      1841 census she is listed as a seamans wife and is living on Lody
      St. Peterhead and her age is 45 (b: abt.1796). Listed on the census
      with Helen are five children, Helen, Elspet, Susan, William and John.

      In the 1801 census there is only one family of Chisholm's and they
      are living at 188 Longate. The head of the household is John
      Chisholm and the family consists of three males and five female.
      Only one family is living at that address, so Im assuming ( which
      may be a mistake) that Helen is one of the five females.
      The records at the registrar office in Peterhead shows that Helen
      died in Peterhead on 1-18-1842 at the age of 44. ( B: abt 1798)

      Now when I check the IGI there is no record of ANY Chisholm being
      born or married in Peterhead from 1780 to 1820. I believe they were
      orginated form Inverness only because there is a large munber of
      Chisholm's in that area.

      Any help or clues will be greatly appreciated
      Regards
      Jim Allan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2004
        Hi Jim,

        Just a correction for you. I haven't heard of Lody Street in Peterhead.

        Helen and family are listed in Back Street (North Side), District 4, Page 13. Both Williams are at sea, as listed in District 10, Page 11 for Backgate during the 1841 Census.